Any changes you’d propose? Looked solid to me.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

The one that sticks out to me is Chip Kelly at #6. He’s still living off of what he did 10 years ago at Oregon. Maybe this is the year he finally achieves at UCLA but so far he hasn’t done anything worthy of being higher than the bottom 1/4 IMO.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Honestly I think Smith should be ahead of Chip Kelly. Not sure why people think he’s the 6th best in the conference. UCLA should be recruiting a lot better than they are with him and they haven’t really been winning either.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Smith would be my choice also. Considering where Anderson left that program, Smith should already have a coach of the year award. He’s got some holes to fill this year but I would look for Oregon State to contend in 2022.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Shaw>>>Herm

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

What has Edwards accomplished to be esteemed so highly?

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

He’s good at recruiting…er uh….

astUTE
          Ute Fan
          @astute

Recruiting? Is that what anyone is calling what Edwards does?  My guess is the “if you’re not cheating, you’re not trying” quote is often repeatedby Herm, in both words and deeds.

Honestly, ASU is quickly becoming my most hated PAC12 opponent.

krindor
          Ute Fan
          @krindor

Even before all this came to light, he wasn’t considered a particularly good recruiter.

One of the biggest defenses of him has been – “Well Herm just focuses pretty much entirely on coaching, and one of the assistants (forget the name) does all the recruiting”.

Which 1) doesn’t absolve Edwards since he clearly met with the recruits who weren’t supposed to be there and 2) if it were true means he could only be judged on his coaching, which has been mediocre.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

It is pretty much standard that you don’t start evaluating a coach’s success until his third year with a program (which would have been 2020 in a normal universe). Herm hasn’t done worse with Graham’s players than Graham did so all we can say at this point is that he hasn’t been the dumpster fire that was predicted when Herm got hired.

Going forward, enough of the roster is Herm’s so it is all on him. Should he continue to be 7 win Herm he’ll probably keep his job (pending infractions), but yes it will have been a poor hire since they fired a coach and lost two respected coordinators for the same results they were already getting.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Correct, Edwards will be falling back in the pack, Smith will be moving up. Kelly and Helton have tremendous resources but are middle of the pack and their fans will not accept middle of the pack much longer. Cristobal is most likely to move to the NFL. Fisch, who would know? Lake and Wilcox have generated high expectations so they have opportunity to move up. Whitt will just sit where he is.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Any changes you’d propose? Looked solid to me.