BYU homer, Ben Criddle stirring the pot about Vaki

Viewing 14 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Ben Criddle retweeted a tweet from Vaki from 2018 today. The tweet talks about his visit to BYU and shows a pic of him and Sitake. The tweet said this is where his mom always wanted him to go to school.

Criddle is such a BYU homer that he can’t see outside of Provo. But, I wonder what he is trying to do with this retweet.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

If Vaki transferred it would be for purely personal reasons. He is getting all the playing time in the world. He even plays on offense. He gets compensated well, I’m sure.

I have no reason to think he’s going anywhere, but if he is, its for person reasons that are out of Utah’s control.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

SV’s not going anywhere, period.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

It would make no sense to transfer to that program which is such a mess right now.

5 1

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Zoob Goober Criddler you say? Time to page our Batman and send out the OnlyU signal to squash this nonsense. #HelpUsOnlyUKenobi

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

I think it was first retweeted by Coach Fifita and Criddle saw it and retweeted it.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Can you call a former player a homer? I mean seriously? Would you call Steve Smith for instance, a homer? Or just an alum. The man is in media, controversy creates stories, mix in Utah and away you go.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Hans Olsen doesn’t act like Criddle and for that matter not even Frank Dolce does.

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

Hans was on a “general show.” Criddle is exclusive to the BYU network and has a BYU show. More like a blogger or locked on guy than an actual media type. I get it though.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Criddle is EXTRA when it comes to his bias. I expect people to be fans of their school but if you’re in the media you should maintain some level of creditably without his blue goggle bias. He’s a giant tool.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Other people (allegedly Utah people) on Twitter seem to be saying BYU is at least trying to make a push for Vaki.

I wonder at its validity or whether it has legs. OnlyU probably knows more. I would wish him nothing if he went there.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Living up to the myopic standards of TSPP.

5 1

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Why would anyone not want go to BYU? Best coaching staff -best academic school- best fan base- big brand name- honor code to make sure you live an LDS lifestyle- find a wife.

I’m most surprised Cam isn’t going there. I’m also surprised more programs aren’t following their template for success.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Vaki is getting offered insane amounts of NIL money from schools all over the country. If/when he enters the portal and transfers from Utah it won’t be to byu.

The Cougar collective is pathetic by most schools standards.

Vaki got good money from Utah last season and he uses the money to help his family. If he can get 10x as much from Oregon or Ohio st why not take it if it means making things better for his immediate family

Utah needs a MAJOR to step up to keep him.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

The portal is interesting. It opens Monday yet it is already open. I think the portal is only for people that want a quick view, for those in the business the trading floor seems to be always open. Maybe it creates deadline for contracts but then as soon as it closes it is actually open again to set up for the next checkpoint closing date.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

The Portal reminds me of the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. The player is the tourist passing through and all the booths are schools.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

There is only one reason Vaki would leave: NIL money.

BUT, for someone like him, that can be very short sighted. He knows Utah’s system. He knows he can be the leading tackler and leading INT guy. He knows if he balls out next year, he has a shot at the first round, which is where the real money is.

If he leaves…he might get more money next year, but if he falls to the second or third round…or if he doesn’t pick up the defense and falls even further (see that WR that went from Arizona to USC)…He could lose 5-20 million dollars.

BungalowUte
      Ute Fan
      @bungalowute

Why would he go to BYU? It doesn’t make any sense. They’re going to be a dumpster fire for the next 4-5 years at the most. Unless it’s another Nacua brothers situation. Then I would be more sympathetic.

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

Tahitian noni is set to make him their spokesperson. Hundreds of dollars in royoalties will be flooding in.
      Living scriptures are lining up to offer him his own kiosk at the university mall where he can charge 10$ an autograph on any vhs or dvd.
      Xango juice is offering him 3 down lines if he pays the $2000 join in fee.
      Backward hat bro security systems is offering a top sell area if he joins the Cougs.
      All the Provo companies are lining up-
      I’m shaking with fear!

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football BYU homer, Ben Criddle stirring the pot about Vaki