Furlong article raises the question again.

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Can Oregon State’s offense spoil No. 15 Utah’s run? https://www.ksl.com/article/46652991/can-oregon-states-offense-spoil-no-15-utahs-run

I don’t think it will happen. The defensive numbers are not in their favor at all.

“The area that keeps Oregon State from really taking the next step as a program is its sub-par defense. The Beavers, on average, give up 30.4 points (97th), 195.6 rushing yards (60th), 245.0 passing yards (74th) and 440.6 yards of total offense (103rd) per game.”

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah I think their D is DFL in the PAC-12.

2 5

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Furlong brings ups good points IMO.  OSU has a very good offense.  If we make mistakes and have a number of turnovers we could lose this game.  They have a potent offense that knows how to score in the red zone.  We can’t afford to let them stay close.  They came from 21 points down to tie Stanford late in their game.  

We will likely have a game plan similar to WSU, control the ball so their offense doesn’t get the ball often.  I think their offense is better than WSU because they are balanced.  They will be tougher to defend IMO.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Matchup wise I think Wazzu is harder for Utah to defend traditionally.  OSU may be balanced prior to playing Utah. They won’t be after the game. Utah will shut down their rush and smash their QB. 

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

Did I really just read that you think Oregon State’s offense is better than Washington State’s?????  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 2

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I have watched both teams play this season, and yes I think OSU has a better offense right now.  I am not saying that I am right, it is just my opinion.  It’s all subjective, but OSU has some talent and is well coached on offense.  Defense is a different story.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Opponent has a larger role in their stats then what you may actually see. 

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Oregon State offensive efficiency per ESPN: 8th in the country

Washington State: 6th

Utah: 13th

Washington State and Oregon State are about the same. Washington STate’s scheme is harder for Utah to defend against. I think our D will be just fine.

Defensive efficiencies:

Oregon State: 116

Washington State: 106

Utah: 29th

Overall:

OSU: 55

WSU: 46

Utah: 17

I think we will be okay.

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

To me it’s more about matchups.  I think the WR’s at OSU are a bit better than those at WSU.  But not at USC’s level.  So I’m prediction a closer game, but Utah winning by 10

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Amy team that plays UCLA looks like they have a great offense.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Good grief, I can’t believe you have more downvotes than upvotes for this post. Good analysis. 

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

Oregon State’s offense, ranked #24, has played against the –

#69 ranked defense of Hawaii

#80 ranked defense of Sanford

#91 ranked defense of Okla State

#124 ranked defense of UCLA

and Oregon State won just 1 of those games.

Saturday they play the #14 ranked defense that just held the #4 offense to 13 pts.

cjd1
        Ute Fan
        @cjd1

Utah is a 2 touchdown favorite and some people are really nervous about this game.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Nervous about every game for me unfortunately.  I’ll feel fine once I see the players making plays, but there is a lot of potential this season, maybe more than there ever has been, so it’s a bit of a letdown when things don’t work out.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well relax for this one. Utah will win easily. Or drink more and it will mellow you out. 

Chidojuan
              Ute Fan
              @chidojuan

For this one, I’m more just hoping to avoid a repeat of 2016.  That game was way closer than it should have been.

Gary Sapp
            Ute Fan
            @uofuman

Yeah, we are the hunted this season rather than the hunters, so nervous is likely appropriate.

That does not that I think OSU has a snowballs chance, but we are getting everyone’s best game so we have to be at our best everytime. USC shows what happens if we slack anywhere.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

We are nervious because we are Ute fans. 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

It has been a slow couple weeks for the local sports writers.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Furlong article raises the question again.