Lost the game for them 😂

Sir Potsdam
      Ute Fan
      @sirpotsdam

I missed it. Anyone have a clip of it?

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

It is a wierd gimmick for sure. Definitely a right place right time team for Hill. The kid is far exceeding his talent level and making the most out of his one shot.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Just signed a nice contract too

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

What a great deal for Hill. He gets 16 million guaranteed, but he has not security, football wise, with it. It’s just a two year deal and the Saints can walk away from him anytime. 

But to have 16 million…sheesh. 

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Exactly. Not bad at all. If he’s smart with his money, he and his family will be financially secure for the rest of their lives.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Athletes get screwed. Big time. So, in 2018 smart asset did an article on NFL players and taxes. They went over Brees, who made 17 million and took home just under 10. 

If Hill makes 16, he’d take home about 9 million after taxes. He buys a house for 1 million, he buys a car, some clothes, mom some stuff, wife some stuff for another million. If he just went super conservative and VTSAX’ed the remaining 7 million…hell, let’s say 6 million, he could live on 4% of that forever….

Which comes out to….drum roll….$240,000 a year for the rest of his life. And his house is already paid for. So he’d have about $15,000 a month after taxes to pay property taxes, health insurance, food and fun. 

Not bad. I’d find a way to make that work.

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

You can almost live on that

belli1976
                Ute Fan
                @belli1976

VTI would be better. No capital gains tax unless yoU actually sell shares.

12 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I do not understand the “hate” for Taysom Hill.  When he was a Cougar – it was different because he played for our rival.  He seems like a standup guy who has found his niche in the NFL.  I do not believe he has the skills to be an “every play QB” in the NFL as numerous Cougars seem to think.  But, he does a lot for that team.  A fumble like that could happen to any QB.

As for this Ute, I wish Taysom well.  I think he is fun to watch.

There are Cougars who I have never liked because of their rhetoric when at BYU.  However, there are others like Hill, Young, Sorenson, and others who I have enjoyed watching in the NFL.  Attending BYU is not a reason for me to dislike someone for their entire future.  That’s just me.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I attended BYU.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I always felt a bit thumbs-downsy there, myself.

Dallas
            Ute Fan
            @dallas

Keepin’ it classy. Good job.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Just throw in some coke (the white powdery kind) and I’d think you must be Max’s friend.

Utebeam
          Ute Fan
          @utebeam

I gave you a thumbs down but only in jest considering I attended the Y as well. To be clear I graduated from the U and hated my stint at tds.

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

Utebeam:

I too attended the Y, hated it, transferred to the U, and graduated.  My only regret was ever attending the Y in the first place.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

The BYU International Cinema’s quarterly collection of films was dreamlike.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I agree. I think most of the hate towards Hill from Ute fans is due to BYU fans and Utah media treating him like he’s the next Steve Young.
        Yes he’s a niche player but he’s making a good living doing it so I say good for him.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

That shows a maturity in you that I’m certain I will not achieve.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I grew up on Utah football getting their asses kicked by byu. I watched byu run up the score against us. I watched them throw bombs late in the 4th quarter when the game was already won while their arrogant, holier-than-thau fans celebrated.  I loathe all byu sports players. If byu had a women’s chess team, I’d root against them. So if some former zoob player fumbles and loses the game for his team, I’m entertained. 

7 1

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Tony, I appreciate what you have done to make this great site available.  Also, I understand how you feel about the BYU games from the 70s and 80s.  I lived through those games too (as an adult).  It caused me to dislike BYU sports as well.  However, I cannot hate someone just because they attended BYU.  I have too many friends and family who have attended there (mostly good people).

There are former BYU players I will likely never like because of their arrogance and holier than thou rhetoric.  But, I never saw Taysom Hill that way.  He is an amazing athlete, but not a great QB IMO.

I am not trying to convince you to feel differently, because that is not possible.  Everyone feels differently about things and I respect that.

in the end – GO UTES!!!

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Amen.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I get it. Fortunately for me, I was pretty young in the 80s and don’t have many memories of the games themselves. I remember the outcomes, however.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I grew up in Provo when no one took BYU seriously.  In the late 50s the Utah vs USU game was the big game of the year.  In HS Wyoming was the class of the conference behind ASU.    As kids, we walked to the games in Provo and paid 25 cents to get in and that came with a candy bar.  Back then everyone felt bad for BYU football.  In the mid 70s they began a streak of good seasons and become arrigont for some reason.  I think it was Wayne Howard that coached a Utah loss in Provo, took the long walk up the steps to the pressbox for post game talk.  As he got almost to the top of the steps, a Y fan spit in his face.  He walked in to do the radio show and the first thing he said was he hated BYU.  That was about the time BYU moved from being ignored by Utah (football) to much dislike.  Not many pleasant moments until Mac made it competative again.  Another low when Max Hall had his rant.  So now we are back to the 60s as no one really takes BYU seriously.  Looking forward, I don’t expect much to change for decades.  For me, it is entertaining to tune in and watch BYU lose. 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Oh I get the hate for Taysom Hill. It’s the way the local media treats him. My circle of friends refers to him as “football Jimmer”, in reference to the amount of press he gets. It’s funny too because I don’t even think he’s close to being the best player BYU-Provo has in the NFL. So it’s not his fault, but I totally get the hate.

UteDuke
        Ute Fan
        @uteduke

He doesn’t seem like a bad guy, but I’ve been soured to Hill because of the BYU fans who legitimately believe he is carrying the Saints. I find it especially ironic that the media in Utah writes so much about him while virtually ignoring Marcus Williams, who is an actual STARTER and considered one of the best young safeties in the league.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I don’t “hate” Hill.  But I don’t like him either.  I always saw him as the “Jimmer Fredette” of their football program — a talented player who’d never reach his potential because he’s a selfish, ball-hogging, glory whore.  Anyone who’d ever played a lot of team sports had met guys like that.  They’re not “team players”, and you always hope THAT guy is on the OTHER team.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NFL Haha Tayson Hill sucks