Honest Question

Viewing 8 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Zoobs are calling for Kalani s head. Assuming BYU let him go at the end of the year. Could Scalley take the job ? 1. Great recruiter 2. Firey coach 3. Decent X and Os 4. Active LDS. 

Just a thought. Whitt will rise out his contract and retire at 65 or looks like. So four more years. Scalley seems like he’s getting ready. Just a thought. 

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

“I hate those pussy’s with a passion, I have hated them since I was born.” ~ Morgan Scalley

I will go with a hard no.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

This.
        If Scalley takes a coaching job at TDS, I’ll eat my hat.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I could see him move under Urban at USC before going to BYU as HC, and Scalley turned down an Ohio State job.

Firing Sitake would seriously harm the Poly pipeline. BYUs problems aren’t going to improve by dumping a head coach. They might when the fans finally turn on Tom Holmoe. He’s the charlatan that put them in this mess. If he’d just stayed in the MWC, TCU, BYU and Boise would be P6 and maybe Utah State too. Remember, BYU left before TCU did. Instead TH elected to try and burn it down, and landed them in the current disadvantageous spot.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Hahahahahaha no

Hahahahahaha no no no.

Honestly. Honestly. Tds is the most undesirable job in the entire country. The whole program has one goal. Keep up with Utah. It has been this way since Utah blew their knees out with the p12. Scalley would be stupid to take that job.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

No, Whit’s time is getting near.  He stated at the PAC 12 media days that Andy would be his last OC.  I’m guessing 4 more years for him.  Scalley would be a great candidate to fill his shoes.  Morgan knows that.  Furthermore his is now making a lot of $$$.  Going to the Y would be a raise, by two to three fold.  But not worth the pressue and s**t you have to put up with working there.  

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’m not sure it would be a raise. It wouldn’t shock me if Utah would match what BYU would pay him. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I feel that it would be in Morgan’s best interest to get some experience outside of Utah. He has played and coached his entire career here. That being said, BYU is not the place to help his career. 

Someday, he may be our head coach, but he needs to broaden his experience IMO.  Just not at BYU.  

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

I probably would have agreed with this 10 years ago. A more broad experience would be the NFL or an actual HC job somewhere else. Whatever experience he is getting at Utah is top-notch.

I’ve wondered if Texas would have gone lean had Will Muschamp stuck around.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Scalley will make right around 1M this year with bonuses.  Probably very similar to what BYU pays a head coach. 

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Curious how you know Morgan Scalleys standing in the LDS church?  That church is creepy as hell that everyone seems to keep tabs on who is and isn’t an “active member”.  

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Some people don’t shy away from it. Morgan is one of those like Covey or Chase Hansen. It’s not creepy if that’s who they are or want to be. Good for them, I could care less either way, my point on the “Active LDS” is that it is a requirement to be the coach at TDS. Therefore, it was relevant to my question as far as him being an option.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Honest Question