I think I drank the kool-aide too soon

Viewing 5 reply threads
      8 13

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We need to be much better if we want to be a top ten team. 

Oh well, I have lowered my expectations. 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Meh, I don’t know what else you’d have wanted. They have a great defense and we blanked them in the second half. Still kept the plays pretty vanilla. Way better game than last year. Did you watch ASU last night? Their fans definitely need to temper expectations.

4 5

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

We are not ASU. Yes, they have problems.  I think we will win the south because the other teams all have issues. 

Im just saying, we do not look like a top ten team.  If we get healthy, we might become a top ten team.

Based off the way our pass defense played in the first half, I’m scared to death of what WSU will do to us.

im not depressed about the team overall, they just have work to do.  

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

I get it, but there are only a few teams that do look like top 10 this early in the season. You check out the Michigan game? An unranked triple option Army gave them everything they could handle. Escaped in 2OT. Definitely didn’t look like a Top 10 team. Even ‘Bama looked rough against Duke last week. Winning by 3 scores against a tough defense and a good QB seems fine to me, NIU is likely better than BYU again, and we still beat them by 18. I’m satisfied. We’ll keep getting better.

5 1

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

It’s almost like we didn’t just beat a decent team by 18 points with a rather vanilla gameplan. Yes, the defense got beat at times in the first half, but they made great halftime adjustments and owned NIU in the second half.

Huntley looked fantastic today once he got going. Zack Moss is running people over. We saw some good WR play. No turnovers.

Sorry we didn’t win 60-0. I’m not sure what you want.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

The good news is that the P12 South is not murderer’s row by any stretch. We don’t even have to be that great to reach the championship game again. With that said, they won’t beat the north champ unless they improve significantly.

8 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

So we dropped 35 on a team that returned 9 starters from defense and we’re upset about that? Utah fans are like the nega-zoobs. Overly negative for no real reason.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

We’re fine .. I like this teams demeanor

2 1

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Come on, there are issues we need to address if we want to be a top ten team.  Calling names like nega-zoobs isn’t fair. If I think they didn’t play their best and all of a sudden I’m a zoob?

I never said they aren’t a good team and didn’t do some good things today.  Do you think they looked like a top ten team?

1 2

whitlessham
          Ute Fan
          @whitelssham

Excuss me, did you not read what Tednab wrote?  He said “We’re fine”…. do not question the “we’re fine” response!

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Well, glad to see you are resilient in the face of a Utah win.

2 1

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

So, we have a really good defense from last year, one that we struggled with, returning 9 starters and looking to be good, but not quite as good, and we dropped 35 on them. This is going to be the best defense we will face for some time.

Then we shut them out, completely, in the second half. We beat this team by 18. Are top ten? No idea. It’s too early to tell. Are we better than just about everyone in the PAC-12 and everyone in the South? Yes. The goal is Rose Bowl. Let’s see what happens, eh?

And yes Ute fans have a negativity complex. They are, by and large, nega zoobs.

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

They played better this year than last year .. sure there is always room for improvement.. but I saw more positives then negatives .. this team hasn’t peaked yet .. I think we’re in a good spot

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

O line was down two starters against a solid defense in NIU.  The defense made adjustments and looked much improved in the second half and Fotu didn’t even play.  Are we top 10?  Who knows, but keep on winning that all of that takes care of itself.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We were down 2 offensive linemen and Leki Fotu didn’t play.  I’d say it was a pretty good result.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I think I drank the kool-aide too soon