IMO, Utah will need to play better to win tomorrow

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We can certainly win tomorrow.  However, I believe we will need to play better than the three previous games.  Colorado has been playing well.  We will need to play solid run defense and mix it up on offense.  

I hope that Nacua and Thompson are healthy enough to go.  We need all the weapons on offense that we can get.  I would like to see Nacua, Thompson, Covey, and Kuithe all have at least four catches.

Go Utes!!!

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

To state the farily obvious, offense needs to get the ball in the endzone rather than settle for field goals and play all 60 minutes.  The defense needs to cut down the undisciplined penalties.

We’re good enough to beat Colorado if we do that.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

We can beat anyone in this conference if we do that. 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

No secret how to stifle Utah’s offense right now. CU will try to contain the run as best as they can and force Utah to make plays in the air with man uo coverage on Utahs WRs. If Bentley can make some plays and the Oline can pass block, Utes can win this game.

If Utah gets the QB and Oline positions on track Utes could be back in the hunt for winning the South in 2022. I have a feeling Costelli is going to get a lot of PT next season. Go Utes!

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

Honestly think we can with the South next year if we figure out the QB situation. Yes O-Line needs help, but look at what Huntley did last year. Get a QB that can perform similarly + our defense, and we beat every team in the division in 2021

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

I think if everybody stays, and COVID isn’t an issue, the Oline will be vastly better next year. I think we’re right up there at the top of the South division with a real chance to win. This season has shown the coaches exactly what needs to be done. The thing is… It has also shown all our conference foes exactly what they need to do too. 😉

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

The oline was supposed to be vastly better this year.  

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

No question the defense will be kick ass next year, especially “IF” Lloyd sticks around. Would agree about next year if the QB position was more stable. Rising throwing shoulder injury was a big hit. I wish KW would just pick a QB and go with him. Clearly, whoever the three incoming Frosh replaced on the oline tells me the Utes are getting solid talent coming into the program. Overall, Utes have top level players coming into the program.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Colorado is gonna stack the box and force Bentley to make plays .. guess we’ll see how that turns out .

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football IMO, Utah will need to play better to win tomorrow