Ludwig

Viewing 10 reply threads

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Not sure how to cut and paste the article.. but there might be something to this ..looks like he’s already flow out there.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35632391/utah-andy-ludwig-leading-candidate-notre-dame-offensive-coordinator

NashvilleUte
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilleute05

I won’t be shocked if he goes (it’s Norte Dame), but I will be somewhat surprised. When he came back he publicly stated that he intended to be Kyle’s last OC. I don’t recall if it was specifically stated, but I think the assumption was that he meant it was his last stint before retiring as well. Obviously things change and maybe he’d meant that he’d be Kyle’s last OC with his assumption being that he’d be the next HC in waiting. But as that’s looking like it’s still Scalley, maybe he’s changed his mind?

I don’t know, we’ll see. I’ll still be surprised if he goes. Hopefully Kyle has a plan just in case because he’s going to have to move QUICKLY! The easy idea is Brian Johnson, but I don’t see that happening. He’s going to be an NFL OC any day now. I’m sticking to the hope that Ludwig is just mildly entertaining the offer, but not too seriously.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Iirc, he said he hopes this is his last stop. That’s just coach speak anyway.

2 8

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I’m not going to pretend that I wouldn’t prefer to see an offense that took advantage of all of it’s talent but if Ludwig goes this close to spring ball, it would definitely be a blow. Everyone’s been operating under the same system since 2019 and it’s pretty much understood that it takes until the 2nd season to do a full new install. If there’s got to be a change, you’d want to start it as soon as you can after the previous season.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

Hmm, I think Ludwig had squeezed much more out of the talent than anyone can expect.  For the first time since 2004 the offense last two years had fewer question marks than the D.  He’s had relievers that can’t get separation, a star running back that was selfish and quit on the team, 3rd string TE’s, and a beat up QB and still laid it on USC. Ludwig has also shown that he can adapt the offense to the talent he has.  

It’s like you magically forgot how miserable the offense was up to the Huntley years. 

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

WTF… How exactly did he not take advantage of all the offensive talent? Name one player that should have been used more, and tell me who’s touches they should have replaced. EVERYONE worth ANYTHING on our offense was given plenty of opportunities to shine. The only guys that didn’t get touches were guys that didn’t do anything with the touches they got… not compared to the guys that got consistent touches anyway.

5 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I want Ludwig to stay.  He does a great job IMO and he brings continuity to the offense.  If he does decide to leave – what about Mike McCoy?   He is the current QB coach for the Jags and still has family ties in Utah (his wife’s family).

I hope Ludwig does decide to stay.  He has been great for our Utes.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Ludwig has accepted the invite. Not likely to turn down the job.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

S**t.

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

He just wants a free trip to see touchdown Jesus and the house that Rudy built….🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Yeah, it’s a tough pill to swallow but I think Ludwig’s gone. Freeman wants someone experienced to run Notre Dame’s offense and there’s no one more experienced than Ludwig. None of the other guys that have interviewed for the job can match Ludwig in that respect. There’s also the fact that, from an offensive point of view, Notre Dame runs kind of a similar offense as Utah with a lot of two tight end sets. It’s really late in the game to have to start searching for an offensive coordinator, especially if it’s a guy that wants to run something different from what we’ve been doing the last few years.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Well, who would potential replacements be?

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Brian Johnson v2.0

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

I’d be shocked if BJ took the job. No way. Being an NFL coach is an infinitely better gig than being a college coach and he’s well on his way in the NFL. 

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

David shaw

urban meyer

brian Johnson 

Andy reid 

prolly

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

Shaw or BJ would be my top candidates… more likely it would be Harding. 

Larry B
            Ute Fan
            @larryb

Please don’t let it be Harding…

Da Vinci Ute
        Ute Fan
        @davinciute

I hear Aaron Roderick may be available?

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

This is really bad news, man. Utah needs to step up and make this not happen. Next year can be epic. Or we can fall back into our trap of hiring a new revolving door of offensive coordinators. Norm Chow?!?, Roderick, Troy Taylor. Come on!! Step up!!

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

The timing is the worst .. we lose a lot if he’s gone .. it’s a big hit imo

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Who are his recruits? Would be concerned about losing them.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Everyone on the offense is technically a Ludwig recruit. It’s his scheme and the position coaches report to him. But he is most involved with the QB’s.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.