Maxs Tupai

Viewing 3 reply threads

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

Anyone have any info on Maxs Tupais status? Is he still thinking about returning, or is he calling it quits, or is it still up in the air? He would be huge to have back in the program.

Edit: Funny coincidence, this article came out 9 hours after I posted this question. Bartle be patrolling these boards confirmed??

https://247sports.com/college/utah/Article/SOURCES-Utahs-Maxs-Tupai-has-returned-to-the-program-utah-utes-football-morgan-scalley-148212072/

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

He’s back with the team as of now. He is what he is at this point though, would not expect a huge jump from him. At least we know he can hold his own on the field if Miki or Van aren’t ready to take his spot just yet. 

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Man, that’s great news.  Trying to read between the lines of some of the comments about him,  I thought he was done.  I think OnlyU mentioned that they hadn’t had much contact with him.  I hope he sticks and continues to produce, but I will temper my expectation.  Thanks for the update, 17.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Yeah this is a pretty big surprise but a welcome one for sure. Two experienced guys on the edge makes our run D really solid with Lloyd in the middle. Ton of young talent that will definitely be in the mix but we’re in a better spot to take away the run with experience and depth. Takes a lot off the plate of the young DB’s too. Senior leadership, attitude and experience is different…this is a pretty significant piece IMO.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

What about Mique Juarez?  Any update on him?  He sat out last year, so if he clears medical, we should expect to see him take the field this season.  The question is, had he cleared yet?  Or had he already been denied?  Or is he currently working on getting cleared?

UtahMan17
          Ute Fan
          @utahman17

Mique will not be joining Utah. His commitment post was jumping the gun a bit from him, never got the green light from the staff. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Thanks ONLYU. Are there any guys that were on the team in the spring recruits or otherwise who you do not anticipate being with the team in the fall ?

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Like Sione Lund ?

UtahMan17
        Ute Fan
        @utahman17

Sione will not be with the team this year, aside from him there will be the usual turnover from walk-ons. Every year unexpected attrition occurs and in an unusual year like this one it’s hard to predict much of anything, but as of now there are (somewhat surprisingly) no other expected roster losses.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Agreed…I think with no Spring it lends to everyone coming back (minus Sione) because there really wasn’t a chance to establish a depth chart for those fighting for spots. I do think that, similar to the Cox situation a few years back, we might see some late camp transfers for those that lose position battles. Maybe more so than usual.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.