Viewing 10 reply threads

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

He’ll be missed.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Whoa. Didn’t see that one coming. There will be more surprises for sure.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

He always gave it 100%

Jake
        Ute Fan
        @jutahfootball

Only one who gave his all during that 2021 TSPP game

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Likely mainly seeing the writing on the wall that JJ is RB1 next season.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Ouch. That one hurts.

Even though it’s very likely a depth chart driven transfer, I really really like Micah and don’t want to see him go. He brought a lot to the team and is a quality player.

I’m bummed.

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jutahfootball

Surprised but makes sense. 6 4* running backs on the team for next year, if you count JJ as he was a QB. I wouldn’t be surprised if Parks or Curry transfer either.

Bummed, was one of my top 3 favorite Utes these past 2 years

2 1

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Curry was our best running back before he got hurt. I’d love for him to come back

Jake
          Ute Fan
          @jutahfootball

JJ will clearly be the man, interesting to see who comes out 2nd between Curry and Glover and maybe one of the freshman. Hope Curry stays, but it’s a crowded room even without Micah so we’ll see.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

I’m sure JJ will be #1 next year, but when Curry was playing JJ wasn’t a running back yet, and Curry was running better than everyone else at the time.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Man, JJ and Curry with a young guy is a deadly RB room. 

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Update:

ColumbiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @columbiaute

Man TT must had been super toxic. You’d think him given another chance at football, he’d be doing anything to be drama free

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Heard this about TT as well. KW intentions were to help TT, but it ended up hurting the team.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Will be missed for sure. He always gave 100% no matter what. Can’t say I see him being ‘the guy’ at another P5. Seems like he would need to go to a USU or equivalent for that to happen.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I remember Armon Shine leaving for more time and signing with Texas Tech.  Ended up essentially the third player on the depth chart.  But wish nothing but success for Micah.

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

MB is talented, Shyne not so much. No vision, might have helped if he kept his head up once in awhile. Guy made more contact with his teammates than opposing players. 

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I agree. In cases like this you normally see the guy transferring take a step or two down. He won’t be going to USC or Oregon, for example. Still, sad to see him go and he will definitely be missed. The real question is who else is out there that can possibly blindside us with an unexpected transfer.

ColumbiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @columbiaute

Agreed. I don’t want to be pessimistic but I feel like one or two more players might be leaving. It’s just the nature of the beast now with NIL and the transfer portal. 

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Micah doesn’t strike me as a dumb guy.  With Curry back, Glover a full year in the weight room and JJ being completely trained and groomed as a 100% RB I think Micah kind of saw the writing on the wall.  He is a good overall back and will fit nicely into a high level G5 school as the main back or as a top second option RB in a P5 school like Utah.  

I wish him all the best and thank him for all that he did for our Utes.  He was a class act and gave his all on every snap.  Can’t ask for much more as a fan.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

Maybe this was one of the “head scratchers” that OnlyU referred to last week.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I guess it’s now clear why Bernard walked on Senior day. Also helps to explain why Randle was added to the class as a 3rd RB. I still think one of the 3 moves to slot since that’s too much speed to have on the bench, but I digress. Thanks to Micah for everything he did for the program and best of luck wherever you end up.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Micah Bernard to transfer