My pre spring thoughts on our schedule

Viewing 9 reply threads
      3 1

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

I don’t think osu is overall better than us but it is a back end on a road trip after what will be a tough rivalry road game. It’s a scheduled loss to me. Ucf is the other team I think we lose to with a qb and coach they have who are good and it’s on the road across the country which we struggle in. To me that is loss. I think we win all the rest. Arizona will be tough depending on who else leaves and Iowa state just because I think they have a good coach.

10-2 should put us in Dallas. I think osu has an easy schedule too so it will be a rematch for the title and a cfp spot. We very well could be getting a conference title this year and hosting a cfp game!

I’m sure my opinions will change post spring, can’t wait for the 22 forever spring game!

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

you think Utah State is a rivalry game?

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Playing Utah State in Logan is not a road trip.

The amount of disrespect this Utah team is getting boggles me.

I’m excited for this fall. The Big 12 is going to learn the hard way not to disrespect Whitt.

And if they want to know what that’s like, they can go ask Joe Glenn.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

You do realize that most national pundits have Utah in the Top-15, even many in the Top-10. Not sure where your outrage over a lot of disrespect is coming from. About the only place I see it is on BYU sites and some Big-12 youtubers.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Iowa State also has a QB who threw for over 3100 as a freshman

UteNamedOg
      Ute Fan
      @utenamedog

This may be me drinking the red kool aid, but 11-1. I flipped a coin to decide the loss between the two “dubious but talented” away games in UCF and Buffs.

Travis Hunter is a damn cheat code. OkSt’s Ollie Gordon is the same, but they had the 122nd ranked defense last year. Colorado was actually *worse* on defense but Deion’s efforts in the portal make it a little more unpredictable, and he seems to run a much more disciplined program than his boisterous personality would suggest (great video out there about him setting expectations on conduct with female staff members). One more year for him to build the program up and for me to find out what Shilo said to Ja’Quinden that p**sed him off so damn bad.

USU gets beat like a red haired step-child.

Super Soakers are great as insurance salesmen – defense and tackling? Not so much. Give ’em a few years to acclimate.

Gus Malazhn doesn’t have Cam Newton, but he’s another one that’s recruited well over the past couple of years. Despite that, FLorida in late November ≠ Florida in late August.

Arizona, despite the odds, has managed to survive the transfer portal with both their freak WR and Fifita. Very, very good team. However, add in their new coach and our collective ACL’s and I think Utah wins.

Uteanooga
      Ute Fan
      @uteanooga

It is all about whether Utah stays healthy. If the coaches have the benefit of choosing playing time based on quality rather than health through the entire season- watch out!

If Utah ends up playing 4th and 5th stringers by the end of the season, get prepared for disappointment and ridiculous arguments about how the coaches don’t know what they are doing, don’t even want to pass the ball, and should be fired.

Trying to predict whether players will stay healthy if a fools game.

2 1

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Man I like the optimism of this board. I’ve been a Ute fan way too long I guess. I thought last year might be our best team since 2005 and 2008. Losing our two safties a healthy JJ and Vele hurts. If everyone would have come back to get to the CFP I would be more confident.

After 10 plus years playing in the PAC 12 you become familiar with offensive and defensive schemes and venues of your opponents. Little tougher this year playing new teams in new venues with raucous crowds.That’s why we are so good at home. Big 12 has a long history and we are the new kids on the block. I don’t get the we are better than you zoobie attitude. I think 9-3 would be a good season and get us in the the CCG. I don’t see a dominate team so we have a legitimate shot of getting to the CFP but certainly not a given.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

So does that make them “winter thoughts?”

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

Arizona will be tough. They are coming off a bye and we are on the road at OSU.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Utah State could be interesting. The Aggies will be excited to have a chance to play Utah. They won the last meeting in Logan (and Utah then bought out another game that would have been there a few years later). Utah should win that game, but can’t overlook a motivated opponent.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My pre spring thoughts on our schedule