Need to run the table

Viewing 6 reply threads
      6 1

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

Looks like most statistical models have USC winning every game except Oregon, which means even if we go 10-2 USC will likely win the South. We’ve got to get over the hump with Washington and walk away with a W. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I would bet almost anything that SC loses at least one more game. I think 2 is very likely. ASU can beat them in Tempe.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

You’re correct, Oregon has a good chance at beating them. Losing two more is fairly unlikely, though. 

So, if they do just lose to Oregon, we still cannot lose a game and win the South, because USC owns the tiebreaker over us. 

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

I agree.. SC only has a couple lose-able games left. As the season wanes, it’s less likely they’ll lose multiple. It is jumping the gun just a bit because USC is winless on the road. We’ll have a better idea after they play CU. Call me crazy, I think that game will be close.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

USC plays like the Monstars at home, and they play like Rutgers on the road; They’re undefeated at home and haven’t won on the road. Playing at ASU could very well be another loss for them.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

I hope you’re right!

highlandute7
        Ute Fan
        @highlandute7

They have a ton of injuries as well right now. It will catch up with them at some point. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them lose to ASU and Oregon.

2 1

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

No one cries for USC when they have injuries. They’ll replace their 4 and five star players with another one.

2 1

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I know I might be in the minority but I think USC is really really good. They also need to run the table and they know it. The one game Utah could not lose this year was USC if they wanted to win the south. All I know is, I wouldn’t bet my house that USC loses teo more games, I probably wouldn’t bet they lose one more. Just my two cents.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I would put money on them losing one more game, but I wouldn’t bet on them losing two.  However, I hear they had 6 players injured on Saturday.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Don’t be shocked if Colorado knocks them off on Friday night in Boulder. Fridays on the road is tough, especially at altitude.

1 1

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

But Colorado is not tough. SC wins this by two touchdowns at least.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Pac-12 After Dark can strike this one hard.  The Chaos Gods are out in force on Friday night.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

As others have called out, U$C has injuries. While their opponents may also not look tough on paper, the Trojans do not have a bye week until the week before the CCG. That is brutal, no matter who you are playing. With injuries already piling up and no time to lick their wounds, I could see them dropping the Oregon game as well as one to two more (ASU and possibly Cal).

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Need to run the table