New commit

Viewing 9 reply threads
      4 14

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Not a lot of info on him only a picture… looks like he fits the kwhitt mold!

Image result for rudy

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Are you talking about the Texas flip ? Seems like a pretty impressive recruit.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Did that actually happen? 247 is still not reporting it.

That would be an impressive recruit though

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

Alex Markham
          @AMarkhamRivals
          · 14h
          BREAKING: #UteNation flips Texas RB commit, Ty Jordan. Here’s what it means…
          https://utah.rivals.com/news/what-it-means-utes-flip-prized-rb-jordan

User Suspended
            @a2ute

strange that 247 is slow to post this..

He looks great! I suspect a few RB’s will need to transfer to make room

mfaulk80
              Ute Fan
              @mfaulk80

It was announced on Ty Jordan’s personal Insta account.  Apparently, he’s posted several things about committing, but it’s all in that private account (though word is that he’ll accept most invites).  Other players have shared his announcement, but it’s still not a public post from him.  247 is playing it safe by allowing him to say it publicly if he wants to….though I’m starting to wonder if he is ever going to do that. 

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

I’d take him- he looks like he’d carry you on his back up Mount Doom. 

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Ruuuuuuudyy!

Another put down of Utah recruiting by Pace. Tiring.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Ty Jordan is close to a 4 star recruit. You should like him.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

He’s numerically close to being a 4 star recruit. Not all 3 stars are created equal. He’s a big pickup if true.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

If he’s a 2 star recruit like Leki Fotu, I’ll take him.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

Leki was a weirdly rated recruit. 247 had him as a 4 star, ESPN and Scout had him as a 3 star, and Rivals (in their infinite wisdom) had him as a 2 star…

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

This shows your ignorance in the subject. Leki was rated a 2 star for about 90% of his commitment, then when USC came and offered the week before signing day, the websites that you jerk off too daily had to move him up.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Seriously! I am sick of these recruits that only get us 11-2 records and conference championship games. We need more recruits like ASU, USC, UCLA, UW…you know, all those teams that had worse seasons than us.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Strawman argument 

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

Oh, you want literal? Then I guess I need to point out that the photo you posted is not a new commit, it is a picture from a movie, named Rudy. Surprised you did not know that.

UtahFanSir
            Ute Fan
            @utahfansir

He knew it. He thinks all Utah KW recruits are projects. He posted that image on purpose, that’s his shtick. Ignore him.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

He is a walk on, how pathetic do you have to be to knock a guy that is walking on to our program?

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

The answer to your question: extremely

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Oh I’m not knocking the “rudy’s”, in fact, I’m wishing them all the success in the world.  I’m knocking kwitt and staff. They’ve got a giant task in getting the class to a level that will get the program to the next level.

Do you want to get to the Rose Bowl? Then you better have a comparable recruiting class to the programs that typically go to the Rose Bowl.

Celebrating one or two high level three-star commits is fun but we’re playing T-ball and the programs we need to beat are in the big leagues.

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

This guy is a walk on, the class isn’t even finished yet and you’re bitching about it.  After signing day would be a good time to complain if you’re unhappy with the results. There are 8 or 9 guys visiting this weekend, only 2 are current commits.  We also have 5 RMs that will be joining the class +the 2 4* QB transfers, so that gives us room for 17-18 guys, which we’ve only filled 8-9 of those spots.  Our class will be quite solid once it’s finished, until then relax.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

I could live without your Rudy picture Pace, but you are right in terms of the rose bowl comment. If we want to compete for one every year, we need to continue to get better at recruiting. 

Luckily, we have been fortunate enough to excel at development long enough to build a P5 program. I am a huge Whitt fan and recruiting is picking up. 

Thats not a knock on anyone or anything. It’s a fact of life that no one is perfect and we all have things to work on – for Utah football, it’s recruiting. 

It used to be the OC carousel, a qb coach, lack of speed, depth, and decent quarterbacks. Those have essentially been solved for. We have an elite defense, scheme and coach who’s been locked down. Ludwig brought us a very, very good offense and we can now put up points. The largest gap to top tier, perennial contenders, is recruiting. 

So if recruiting is our largest gap, we’ll get the most benefit by fixing it. That translates to more depth, earlier contributions from players and less turnover/rebuilding. This is how we can guarantee contention annually, and minimize cycles like we’re in now – having the seniors all align this year and having to rebuild next year.

BulgieUte
      Ute Fan
      @bulgieute

My wife told me she almost took a class in college called football 101. It was a popular class for girls who wanted to understand and have something to talk about with their boyfriends. Is that class available at the U? It would serve Pace well to get a basic education in the workings of college football. It might not make him a poster that contributes something worth while but at least pace would have some sort of conversation starter for the boyfriend. Something to talk about during the moments when pace’s mouth wasn’t full.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Perusing this thread just proves to me that Blocking Pace is the best thing I could have possibly done. Makes my day so much more… positive. 🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.