New Poll: Grade the 2019 Utah Football Season

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Polls are back! For those on the web, the poll is in the right column. On the Ute Hub mobile app find the poll from the home page. 

6 3

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Seems crazy, but unsatisfied is the correct answer. 

11 wins is an awesome season, but this year was all about winning the conference and going to the Rose Bowl or CFP. Settling for Pac-12 runnerup and the Alamo bowl was disappointing, but then to see the way we were manhandled in both of those games was just a kick to the groin. 

2 1

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Yeah, that’s where I am at. One loss away from being majorly disappointed, one win away from being satisfied.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I feel you. 

5 1

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

Agree with both of the other responses.  If you told me before the season started that we’d go 11-3 and go the the Alamo Bowl, then I would’ve been pretty happy with that.  As the season went on, however, expectations increased…and the finish just left me unsatisfied.  I love the team and the players…but it was just so close to being a once-in-a-lifetime season that it’s hard not to be disappointed.  

Go Utes!

2 1

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Yeah, coming off of winning the Pac-12 South with 2 key players returning for senior season you’d think the Utes could have taken the next step and won the Pac-12.   Even with those and other solid returners on the defense they couldn’t overcome the loss of experienced players on the OL.  Glad they overcame the early loss to USC, had a nice win in Seattle, but Pac-12 Championship was really disappointing.

2 1

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Agree X2. Gravity of the two losses and all the media hype leading up to the P12 Championship over shadowed for the most part a great season. CU exposed some of Utah’s vulnerability on offense. The San Antonio trip seemed good for the team to have five days of fun together one more time. Hard to stay motivated to play at a high level after the Oregon loss. The entire bowl game system needs an overhaul (another subject).

As crazy as it sounds, I really do think many in the national media want the P12 to do well and have a national presence. A lot of people were going out on a limb pulling for Utah. P12 needs to get rid of the 9th conference game to have any chance of 1-2 teams. OU’s loss to ASU was the dagger for Utah.

Ludwig did a hell of a job in his 1st year. Crazy as it may sound, the offense may be better next year and Utes have two of the best defensive minds in all of college football. KW and MS have been to this young player rodeo before. We were all concerned about Blackman moving to safety and losing Chase and Cody. Would not be surprised if Utah ends up in the top 3 of P12 defenses. Go Utes!

3 1

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I fear we’re going to be very middle of the road next year on defense. The offense should be OK.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

First time that’s ever been said. LOL

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

It bears repeating.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New Poll: Grade the 2019 Utah Football Season