remember when we used to win conference championships?

Viewing 7 reply threads
      1 7

utahsportsguy
      Ute Fan
      @utahsportsguy

We’re a good team, not great, but good. We have a LONG ways to go. 

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Yeah, I remember, I like the conference much better now, even if championships are few and far between.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon > New Mexico, Air Force, Wyoming….

Grayshirt
          Ute Fan
          @grayshirt

Even still

Zona, ASU, Colorado >>>> New Mexico, AF, Wyo

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Yeah I just didn’t want to type anymore. LOL

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Remember when we used to be in the f**king MWC playing Wyoming? I’d much rather lose to Stanford and USC.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

I don’t always agree with and thumbs up hammer, but when I do, it’s for posts like this. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

FYI we have beaten them…

utahsportsguy
        Ute Fan
        @utahsportsguy

No one is questioning if the PAC is better than the MWC/WAC. But let’s not pretend that all things are fantastic with the football team. 

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

We barely lost to two of the top tier teams in the PAC 12 with the backup QB by a combined 4 points. – After having lost 8 guys to the draft and 15-16 guys in total to the NFL. Consider the lillies of the goddamned field. This team is good…has a good foundation of coaches and players and are on the low side of it high ceiling potential, still barely losing top tiered games.  

1 5

utahsportsguy
            Ute Fan
            @utahsportsguy

Ok – but losses by a combined 4 points or 40 points is effectively the same thing – still losses. How long are we supposed to wait until we reach this mythical season? 1 year? 5 years? (gulp) 10 years? 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I think the main issue is depth. 

utahsportsguy
            Ute Fan
            @utahsportsguy

This used to be a big issue, but is becoming less and less an issue. 

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Agree.  Still an issue but improving.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

I wouldn’t say, “a LONG ways to go”, just execution needs to get better. Utah has the players and coaching but it takes patience. 

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Winning the PAC is slightly more challening than winning the Mountain West.

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Broskis…We get a win this week against ASU, hopefully have huntley back either this weekend, if not the next, finish out with an 8 win season and keep our recruiting momentum up, we will be set up for a fantastic couple years!

We’re losing a lot from our front 7 next year, but we’ve got some solid young bulls coming up, and I can’t wait to see this offense evolve over the next couple years. We’ve still got a lot of young talent on offense (Huntley, Moss, Simpkins, Wilson, Singleton, Covey coming back, Bryan Thompson, TJ Green, DHC)…likely just losing 2 offensive lineman.

We desperately need a solid JC linebacker, if we get good linebacker play next year I’m calling it now, it will be the best team in Utah football history and the year after will be even better. I don’t know that we win a conference championship either of those years, a lot has to go right to win this league and SC is stacked with or without Darnold, but we’re witnessing the best teams in the history of our program…soak it up!!!

1 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Let’s take this logic a step further. If we could just get into a high school conference, we’d win national championships every year!

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Or become Independent, load up the schedule with 6-7 patsies and be bowl-eligible every year!!

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Gave you a thumb down because your thread is a bit nieve.

Exactly how many conference championships does Utah have in the last 60 years? 7. ’08, ’04, ’03, ’99, ’95, ’64, and ’57.

“Remember when we used to win conference championships”… Makes it sound like Utah was a power house, other than the Urban Meyers back to back years, that list looks pretty f**king mediocre.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football remember when we used to win conference championships?