Rising has been denied for this year

Viewing 7 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Vickers will be allowed to play, however.

Ex’dUte
      Ute Fan
      @exdute

Sucks for Rising, but as long as both Huntley and/or Shelley stay healthy this season he wouldn’t have seen the field this year anyway (except for maybe extreme garbage time). Either way, Rising was going to be a redshirt sophomore prior to the 2020 season and trying to beat out redshirt junior Shelley for the starting job.

The big drawback will be if both Huntley and Shelley get hurt this season.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

That wasn’t a given. He could have beat out Shelly.  Shelly hasn’t shown anything special.  Would have been nice to have to compete in the Fall.  He made a few throws in the spring game that Huntley still can’t make.  Not saying the decision making would be there but he had a very real chance of beating out Shelly.  

I do think the timing works out better this way though.  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

NCAA sucks. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

The results of these waiver requests seem completely arbitrary. It does suck, thankfully we have Shelley. But it would’ve been great to give Rising some reps in the 4th quarter against BYU when we’re up by 50 points.

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

One less piece of the Qb controversy puzzle to play with…

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Silver lining I guess.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Was there one?  Huntley is hands down the best QB and clear starter. Whatever 1280 the zoob or Kyle mouthbreather says. 

Dwight89
          Ute Fan
          @jordan-buckner

I think it would have been more of an issue next year, not 2019. Meaning, If Rising wasted a year of elibibility in 2019 riding the pine behind Huntly/Shelley, we would need to be worried about one of them potentially transferring in 2020. But, with Rising essentially coming into 2020 with three years to play, he is likely to be okay as second string knowing he gets the reigns for two years when Shelley graduates. 

And vice versa if Rising wins the starting job next year. Shelley likely doesn’t have a shot at transferring by the time they announce the starter in Fall of 2020. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I don’t suppose any player has any loyalty anymore. So I think the controversary will still exist next year. In fact if Huntley goes down for the third time Shelly takes over again it might make it even more difficult or complicated in the minds of the players. 

It is easy to simplify it though. 

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

Because Rising already redshirted the 2018 season, the only way he’d waste a year of eligibility would be if the NCAA denied his waiver.  Which is precisely what happened. 

With or without the NCAA’s approval, Rising’s eligibility clock expires at the end of the 2022 season.

Bummer for Utah and for Rising.

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

If Rising doesn’t win the job next year he will transfer. He’s not going to stick around behind Shelly.  

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Maybe if Rising were sniveling, lying little weasel he would have claimed that he had been hazed at Texas so he was forced to transfer and thus be immediately eligible.

Honestly I’m glad he’s being more of a man about it and not making up lies about his former team.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Even worse, Texas dropped Cam Rising’s major. That would seem to be a slam dunk reason to allow a student-athlete to transfer.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Makes no sense to me.  How is Tuttle given immediate eligibility at Indiana and Rising has to redshirt.  I just don’t get this.  Rising did things the right way and Tuttle was a mid-season quitter.  (I hope Tuttle does fine at Indiana.  I just don’t get why Rising is treated differently.)

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

The NCAA is corrupt.  QED.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Read my previous post. Tuttle claimed he was hazed.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Are you serious?

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Bartle said it on the radio. And he lawyered up hard.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Hard for me to trust Bartle anymore honestly. I wasn’t too impressed on his information when the Tuttle transfer broke. 

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Yes. That’s how he got his waiver. He had to escape the abuse he suffered at Utah. Although when you saw him on the sidelines he was laughing and high fiving everyone. Personally, I believe that’s why Whitt seemed so sour on him, not just because he transferred, but the way he did it.

UtMtBiker
              Ute Fan
              @utmtbiker

If you’re hazed you’re not allowed to laugh or high five anyone?  

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

Do you really believe his allegations? Like really truly believe them?

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Is it possible that the reason why Tuttle obtained immediate eligibility BECAUSE he was a midseason quitter?  As in, players who leave midseason have a better chance of immediate eligibility the following season as a non-graduate transfer, than those who stick with the team through the postseason?

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Who cares? Forget that guy.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Does any of that strike you as inconsistent with the sustained social media PR effort as he came into the program? Have no idea and just my opinion but smelled like, um, a “dedicated” parent or somebody paid. Not shocked to learn about the allegations to facilitate a transfer. He stepped down in program and we’ll see if he ever makes the field. By all reports Rising is a better arm anyway. I’m sure Jack is talented but he looked overwhelmed when he got time.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rising has been denied for this year