Rising Status

Viewing 4 reply threads

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Anyone with credible info regarding Rising’s status? Is there a football presser scheduled today?

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

They are waiting on results from an MRI and the fear is a torn labrum. More than likely he is out for the rest of the year regardless of how the MRI turns out.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Always best to have more than 1 QB.

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

Bentley better look fantastic out there because he will be the backup next year if he decides to stay and continues to underwhelm. 

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

I have a feeling everybody on the team is going to look better this week than last.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Did Rising get hurt on the fumble play? #93 for USC ran right past Utah’s left guard on that play. Rising had no chance.

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

That is the one

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

I know he looked underwhelming at Utah State but I wonder if Shelley feels a little like Tuttle right about now. I’ve heard it said before that you’re only an injury away from getting the job. Ahhh kids and patience. 

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Crazy how things can change. If Rising needs shoulder surgery he’s out for Spring Ball and now with Costelli staying home to play his Senior season next Spring, it’s all Bentley and Lisk getting reps. What about the Cooper Justice kid?

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Really *^&@*% sick of injuries.  

Sigh

Dwight89
            Ute Fan
            @jordan-buckner

It’s what happens when your o-line can’t block.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Not optimistic. All signs point to a significant injury and one with a lengthy rehab. The plan prior to this was to bring another transfer QB into the room…likely because with Rising out front I imagine Bentley would have left after this Fall season. I think this changes things and he’ll end up staying but I still believe you’ll add another transfer QB with Costelli. Lisk likely begins his professional career after this Fall so you’ll need to add a couple. Not saying Rising won’t be ready for next year but if what I believe is true there is no guarantee he’s ready for Spring or Summer camp and early Fall could be in question as well.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Gettin’ real Jordan Wynn flashbacks here. 

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Not sure we can say that after he played 3 series total. But let’s just admit that if he’s got a career threatening injury now, it could pretty much rule him out as our QB of the future.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Good grief. Thanks for the info. 

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

That would be a waste of an eligible year for him.  If healthy, he will play next year.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rising Status