Rose Bowl

Viewing 3 reply threads

Sanders
      Ute Fan
      @sanders

It would be a dream come true if we had back to back Rose Bowl appearances. One with Ohio St and the other with Michigan would just be incredible. This year Michigan and Ohio St. will both be undefeated when they go against each other in thier last game. I would hate to see Alabama sneak back into the top 4 again but if they get passed LSU it’ll probably happen…ugh.

Who would you rather meet up with in the Rose Bowl?

I can’t wait for duck hunting season again! Get healthy quick Utes and here’s to Tavion and getting back on base with the team and coaches. We need him and Bernard terribly.

7 1

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Ohio State would beat us again. I think we would have a shot against Michigan.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I think we would have a good chance versus tOSU. For one thing, tOSU playing us in the Rose Bowl would mean that they would be out of the CFP and you’d have to question their motivation for the game. Second, just like last year, you can expect a lot of their draftable talent to skip the game. That includes guys like Stroud, Smith-Njigba, both their starting tackles (Johnson and Jones) on offense and Ransom and Harrison on defense. If we go with a full complement of players to the Rose Bowl, I’d think that we could definitely compete.

2 1

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Agree, in Utah’s current state, Utes get handled by tOSU. the Utah LB and Dline lack of depth, experience, and talent is a liability against good teams. The TT drama is whatever it is has to be some level of a distraction. Hope TT gets right for his future. The oline run blocking has not helped the RB room. Great with pass block where Utah has done well. Too many areas where Utah would be exploited by caliber of team like tOSU. 

9 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

It would be nice to go to another Rose Bowl.  However, we have a long way to go to be playing at that level.  Honestly, right now, I just want to win this Saturday.  It’s not a gimme.

8 1

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

I don’t see Utah as a legitimate Rose Bowl team this year. Think this team is Vegas or Holiday Bowl bound.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Ditto.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Agreed. I’d be very surprised if we smell roses. But man, how badly I want it again!!

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Good news is no one saw them as a legitimate Rose Bowl team last season until November 20th at around 10:30 mountain standard time.  So there is some wiggle room.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Devin Lloyd enters the chat…

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Ive been saying this since week 1 and been downvoted for it. Funny thing is, I actually see Rose Bowl potential in this team now IF the defense continues to improve (and I think they can)

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.