So who will be Utah’s leading receiver in 2021?

Viewing 5 reply threads
      1 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Will it be Covey?  He is the healthiest he has been since 2015. (Our incoming freshmen were 12 years old in 2015)

Will it be Kuithe?  He certainly should catch 6-8 balls a game IMO?

Could it be Howard?  He had two solid seasons at UCLA.

How about Dixon or Enis?

My guess is Kuithe will lead in total receptions, but Covey or Howard may have the most yards.  I hope our passing game averages at least 250 yards a game.  We will never be a 350 yard per game team as long as KW is the coach.

Ex’dUte
      Ute Fan
      @exdute

Here are my predictions:
      Covey will have the most catches.
      Howard or Dixon will have the most yards.
      Kuithe will have the most touchdowns.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Tu avatar es ofensivo.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

How dare you call Christina’s ass offensive! That’s a thing of beauty.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

not real concerned with who is the top. i would rather see the top two end up with around 125 catches and 1500 yards combined.

another season like 2019 where the top are in the low-30’s will be a disaster in my opinion. it’s nice to have multiple options to throw to but i’d like for a dres anderson / carrington go-to receiver to emerge from the pack. 7 receivers with 18-34 catches amounts to the same thing as a running back by committee. when you absolutely have to move the sticks through the air, you need to have a guy that you can count on to make the play and 2019 Huntley isn’t coming back through the door. we saw how well that committee approach worked against SC, UW, Oregon and Texas.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

In a way I hope it isn’t Covey. I don’t want to beat him up.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

I’m fine with Covey getting 60-80 offensive touches over the course of the season. I just wish they would quit trying to shoehorn him into a hybrid RB position like they did with Vickers. The quick hitting fly sweeps are good since he gets the ball at full momentum before the scrum has time to form. It’s the orbit motion runs and inside slot screens which force him to try to pick his way through 15 people that usually amount to nothing and expose him to injury.

The Colorado and WSU games, I thought Ludwig did a much better job with Covey. Roderick (2015) was really good about scheming Covey to space but Taylor (2018) and Ludwig (2019) tried to make him into something he just isn’t. A great example would be the 2018 UW game where Covey just got pounded.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

We just need production from the WRs. Defending 1 WR much better than the rest is much easier than defending many receivers that can be counted on to get a first down. I would be happy to see a different receiver lead each game if the passing yards increase. I am also happy to see TEs and WRs running and RBs catching passes, in any combination, if the offense is moving the ball.

That said, I expect Covey to lead in big plays but not number of catches. Kuithe may lead in catches. We need a WR to lead in yards.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I think Kuithe is wide open still for a touchdown somewhere and the QB looks him off. Kuithe is nfl talent and hopefully the next Utah QB sees him.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Or doesn’t throw it over his head.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Bentley saw Kuithe just fine against Oregon State. There was just that pesky little issue of throwing the ball to the right area code.

Best job of taking 21 points off the board i’ve seen in a long time. Did anyone check the parking lot the following Monday to see if Bentley was shaving points and spent the money on new rims?

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Tried to find the replays but the commentary from the Oregon State Livestream should be descriptive enough.

*Bentley with an atrocious throw to a wide open Kuithe that would’ve been a sure touchdown… Utes forced to settled for a 33-yard FG attempt…

*Another bad read/throw by Bentley. He was staring down his TE who was open but held the ball to long, and it fell incomplete in 3rd-and-3… Utes forced to settle for another FG

*AGAIN!!! Bentley misses a wide open Kuithe in the corner of the end zone. Kuithe appeared to let out a massive yell after the overthrow…

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Yeah Kuithe seemed pretty upset during that game. I also seem to remember one the game before that. The frustration was building for him.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Utehub chat that was all we pretty much talked about. It was a shame for him. I think he was looking to leave for the NFL this year. Obviously great news for us.

CB
            Ute Fan
            @solidhobo

If you go watch the 19-20 minute highlight of Utah vs Colorado 2020 on YouTube, the amount of times the announcers said Covey was open/Kuithe was open/Kincaid was open is insane

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

on the 91 yard pass play to Covey in the first half of the WSU game, he almost had to fair catch the pass it took so long to get there.

Covey

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So who will be Utah’s leading receiver in 2021?