The line for Friday starts at +2

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Seems fair since we are on the road in a hostile environment. OSU has a great running attack, but our run defense is incredibly good. OSU’s pass defense is their weakness. But, we can’t pass. Should be an interesting game.

By the way, I would be shocked to see Cam play before we play Cal in three weeks.

Go Utes!!!

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Seems Right. Will be a tough game. They are a less talented version of us. But they play the same way. Home Field and To’s.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Big game…two weeks of rest followed by a winnable home game against Cal before the stretch run.

Cam took more 1st team reps than Nate last week so he’s very, very close. It’s really up to Cam at this point tbh. When he says he’s ready he’ll play.

Gonna be a tough game against the Beavs but we’re getting healthier each week so fingers crossed it comes together just in time to make our run!

4 6

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

So now Cam has the green light to play and it’s up to him to decide whether he’s ready to play or not? If so, there must be mental issues involved, no?

belli1976
          Ute Fan
          @belli1976

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Is Cam feeling “whole” or trusting the knee mental? I don’t really consider it being that way. When he returned to practice 3-4 weeks ago his timing was understandably off but he figured it out fairly quickly.

If he hasn’t felt quite ready yet I can’t place any fault in that but the mental issue garbage is a little message board ish and I guess not surprising.

Could be a day by day or week by week thing but Cam needs to feel comfortable when he decides to let it go and he is the only one who can make the decision when that is imo.

2 1

belli1976
            Ute Fan
            @belli1976

OnlyU – my apologies. My memory failed me and you have not said anything about it being a mental block.

1 29

Caliman
              Ute Fan
              @elguapoute

CONTENT EDITED OUT BY ADMIN – CONSIDER THIS A WARNING

belli1976
                Ute Fan
                @belli1976

Caliman- I didn’t just accept OnlyU post on this thread as evidence. I went back a re-read the post.
                I wouldn’t have issues calling out OnlyU. But if I am wrong, I am fine admitted it.

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

Belli…no worries. I wasn’t responding to you directly and even if I was no apology necessary. We’re all frustrated with our injuries and the impact it’s having on our play. Thankful this group has fought through all the adversity so far…it’s been very impressive when you think about what they’ve overcome.
              It’s frankly amazing and a testament to the culture of our program (including our fans) to have found a way to start 4-0 with everything that has happened so far. A win against an SEC team, a ranked Pac12 team, a road win in 100 degree heat vs a solid B12 team. They just keep finding ways to push forward. No excuses!!

Proud to be a Ute.

4 1

bopahull
            Ute Fan
            @bopahull

It worries me a little that Cam may not play but is getting most of the reps, or even 50% of them as Coach Whit said Saturday after the game. If we don’
            t know if he will feel like playing, I think it would be far more productive to treat NJ like the #1 QB and Cam like the #2 QB as far as reps go. I’m sure Nate needs all the reps he can get if he’s starting again.

concerned
            Ute Fan
            @concerned

So I read this the other day, any truth to it?

Cam has been cleared by the team for several weeks, but not by his personal doctor in LA and Cam’s “team” (whoever that is). Their concern at this point is to put in Cam in as good a position as possible to showcase his talents for the draft. They know he has to do that to get drafted. They are looking at coming back for a 4-5 game stretch to do that, and do not want earlier to come back if he is going to be less than optimal. Also want to reduce the opportunities for further injury.

Pretty much the same issue for Kuithe.

On another note, we all taked about how difficult it would be for Moore or any true freshman qb to come here for his first conference road game. Same applies to Nate in spades in Corvallis. Exteremly difficult game for us, esp. if our rb’s arent healthy. Boy do we miss Bernard.

2 1

22Ute22
              Ute Fan
              @utedagoat

Cam is not getting drafted by an NFL team. He might be an UDFA if he’s lucky. Good college QB that doesn’t have the tools to make it at the next level. This is his last ride at football. Same with Kuithe. Kuithe is too slow to be a WR and too small to be a TE.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

More 1st team reps than NJ.

It was fairly obvious that this was the case. 4-0 under those circumstances. Thank heavens for everything the defense has done.

1 1

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

He took most of the reps from an inexperienced QB that desperately needs them, only to not play :/

Complete idiocy from the coaching staff. Seems like Whitt thinks he’s coaching the University of Cam Rising, and not the University of Utah.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This morning it is at +3. Headed the wrong direction.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Not the wrong direction if you are thinking of betting on the Utes.

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

…or putting a chip on their shoulder.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The line for Friday starts at +2