TRANSFER PORTAL UPDATE

Viewing 15 reply threads
      2 14

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

WOW! CAN I GET A HELLS YEAAAAAAH! Elijhah Badger 4* WR HEADED TO UTAH.

5 2

SalUTEtheU
      Ute Fan
      @salutetheu

Where are you seeing this?

Zigziggler
        Ute Fan
        @zigziggler

If this is true, and Caliman has some insider info this may be the best WR corps we would have had ever going into game #1. However, I have not seen or heard any confirmation of this on social media. But I absolutely would be stoked if this happened!

BD
          Ute Fan
          @flyfisherman

If this is true, and Caliman has some insider info this may be the best WR corps we would have had ever going into game #1. However, I have not seen or heard any confirmation of this on social media. But I absolutely would be stoked if this happened!

Yes, but even if Badger didn’t end up at Utah, I still think the current WR room is the best ever.

I’ll remain a bit skeptical that Badger is coming to Utah until/if it is announced.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I don’t know about this. I read that Miami is targeting Badger to upgrade its WR corps.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Please provide details. Is this real/speculation/hope??

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

The weirdest thing about this wouldn’t be this person coming to Utah randomly but Caliman somehow knowing about it.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Does Caliman have a reputation for trolling on here? Just trying to determine if we should be watching for news on Badger coming to Utah or not.

Rick Walker
          Ute Fan
          @big2890

Reputation for thinking Brysons Barnes is the GOAT… so yes

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Short answer, yes.

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

Yes, he’s basically a troll acct. But also sometimes participates normally.

Caliman
            Ute Fan
            @elguapoute

I will be accepting alls you guys apologies this Thursday afternoon. Get excited UTES.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

If he commits on Thursday, I will be more than happy to apologize

UofU Fanatic
          Ute Fan
          @uofufanatic

Caliman had been the only user I’ve actually blocked on this site with his trolling and caplocks. Funny enough I removed the block few weeks ago out of curiosity and see he still trolls 🤣

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Touche…

dut99002
      Ute Fan
      @dut99002

Speaking of the quality of the current WR corps, Yogi Roth was on ESPN 700 last week and after seeing a few practices and the spring game said that this is the best set of WRs he’s ever seen in the program. He’s been covering the PAC12 for over a decade and is fairly familiar with the program (and played WR), so that’s a positive thing.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Anyone getting excited about this, please temper your expectations. Consider your source here. It’s not the first time this poster has made an outrageous statement about recruiting, and they don’t usually work out.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

So here’s a question for everyone. If our running game is not what we’re used to at Utah, would you prefer to see Lud/Whitt have Cam sling it this year (like we’ve never seen before)? As in an offense that is more 60/40 pass to run vs the usual Utah 45/55 pass to run??

In other words, might it end up being a good thing if we are forced to rely on the passing game this year? Or do we feel we’re a better offense if we’re more balanced than that, thereby still having solid running game? I still believe we will be adding the RB from USU hopefully soon which should help in that regard. Thoughts??

Jim Vanderhoof
          Ute Fan
          @jvhoofs

Yes MD I would love to see a 60-40 pass. We don’t have a dominate RB. Our RBs would be more effective on the outside with screens and swing passes. We have some fast receivers that are capable of big plays. You cant rely on the run in the playoffs. Other than Michigan last year most playoff teams throw more.

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

Yea I’m not sure I feel strongly one way or the other. I definitely would like to see us pass more this year than ever before given we have a Top 10, 7th year experienced, star QB returning. But I also believe Michigan gave teams like Utah the blueprint for success.

Although Utah doesn’t have talent as highly ranked as Michigan’s team from last year…Utah is much closer in talent ranking to Michigan (15th ranking last year) than Utah is to the Georgia’s, Ohio St’s, Bama’s of CFB. That said, I can see the case to be made for beating the elite teams at the LoS vs trying to win at their game (pro-style aerial attack). So maybe a solid ground game but increased passing to 50 – 55% would be ideal for this team next year?? I don’t know…

Jim Vanderhoof
              Ute Fan
              @jvhoofs

Michigan had superior experienced offense and defensive lines. Plus RBs that could break tackles and break long runs. Last year without JJ we went 3rd and 7 instead of 3rd and 2. I say open up the offense and let Cam score points. The run game can feed off the pass.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Without a solid RB, I’d like to see more pass heavy offense with Rising at the helm. I’d prefer a solid run game at about 50/50 or 45/55 run/pass. Without a JJ/Moss/Booker or 2021 TT, this season hinges on Rising. If he goes down, we’re in a world of hurt. Which is why I believe Wilson might not have his surgery until after the season is over. That should give him time to be ready for fall camp.

Caliman
        Ute Fan
        @elguapoute

BRAH! IM LEGIT LIKE 3-0 ON RECRUITING INFO. MY SOURCES ARE ACCURATE.

11 1

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

Guys why are we believing anything caliman says? he has literally never been right. its a troll account.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

broken clock syndrome?

thirtyfour-thirtyone
        Ute Fan
        @thirtyfour-thirtyone

Do you think it’s Monson trying to get back at the internet for when he got punked with fake recruiting news?

5 1

Red Son
      Ute Fan
      @redson

I think this is ban worthy.

1 3

Caliman
        Ute Fan
        @elguapoute

SAYS THE GUY WHO USES A PUSSY FOR HIS PROFILE PICTURE.

Red Son
          Ute Fan
          @redson

So you’re racist too. Not surprised.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Caps lock stuck? Or perhaps posting from a VIC-20?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I smell a moose. Ole Utefans reference to a fan favorite troll.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Moose was unbearable!

Caliman
          Ute Fan
          @elguapoute

Me no comprende mucho el futbol en Ingles, is moose a famous troll like myself?

Anfernee
            Ute Fan
            @anfernee

I’d take Pace over Caliman.

Caliman
              Ute Fan
              @elguapoute

IS IT CAUSE I’M BLACK? DONT BE RACIST BRO.

dwainegf
                Ute Fan
                @dwainegf

Yup you nailed it. We are all racist.

triage24
      Ute Fan
      @triage24

I’m all for people sharing what they’re hearing. If it’s your own guess then say so…but if it’s a legit rumor, better post than keep us all in the dark. At worst, it’s fun to think about. So…post it. Why not? Most on here are sophisticated enough to determine the spectrum between rumor, speculation, educated guess, sourced but not verified rumors and true, coming down the pike intel.

Badger to Utah doesn’t make sense initially because we are pretty set. He may not get the targets he’s looking for if he wants to be the guy. Conversely, it makes sense he wants to be part of a top 10(ish) team, legit P4 playoff contender, high octane offense where defenses don’t have to zero in on him. Proximity to Utah and familiarity make sense.

That said, badger would likely be the man at a couple other stops. That might be more beneficial if he sees the NFL as a possibility. He is a senior. We have plenty of those at WR, so it seems Utah might be more in the game for a younger player.

But…we’re stacked at WR, so i can see the mindset of swing for the fences or build for the future.

Fun to speculate. I won’t hold my breath for tomorrow but I would love to be surprised and give Cali major props for calling it days in advance.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

wrong thread…

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

Placekicker Joey Cheek enters the transfer portal.

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

My cheeks earlier entered the portal potty.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

It’s Thursday evening. Has he committed yet?

Caliman
        Ute Fan
        @elguapoute

Badger was on campus this afternoon at the U, the UW visit was totally unexpected, He still needs to visit T/A&M, and Michigan; all of which are loaded at WR 2-3 deep. I’m hearing from sources He is leaning towards Utah because he wants to be the guy.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
          Ute Fan
          @thirtyfour-thirtyone

I think Caliman is joint account that is mostly Patrick Kinnehan screaming about stuff, but occasional David James shows up to briefly say something sane-ish.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Ok. Why not say that from the beginning instead of saying he’s committing on Thursday?

triage24
      Ute Fan
      @triage24

Badger was visiting UW on Monday. Some UW fans are expecting a commitment. Not sure if that’s from sources or just assumption following the vist.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football TRANSFER PORTAL UPDATE