Uniforms for UCLA game

Viewing 8 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Uniforms for week 4

I really like the uniform combination. I would prefer the drum and feathers over the block Us. But, otherwise, I really like the look.

Go Utes!!!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Interlocking U isn’t my favorite either. It looks a lot like Houstons logo. Give me drum n feather every week.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

These are my favorite (though I think I prefer the drum and feather helmet) and I think this should be Utah’s default look.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I agree. I love the color scheme and the overall uniform. I don’t mean to say I hate the interlocking U, I just prefer the drum n fearher.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Older I get the more I prefer just a straight up brand on something. It just makes things cleaner and recognizable.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Agreed. I’m 43 and have decided within the last few years that the drum n feather needs to stay. Especially since the actual Ute Nation likes it.

4 2

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Blast ShieldBlast Shield

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I like this combo, but I will never stop hating this font for the numbers.

tanute3
        Ute Fan
        @tanute3

I’m apparently in the minority, but I really love the font of the numbers. It’s unique from every other uniform in the country but very clean and matches the overall aesthetic of the uniform.

8 2

Matt
          Ute Fan
          @utaharnie

I must also be in the minority. Love the font of the numbers, it is unique. Love the interlocking UU, especially on the white helmet. Also, always a fan of the red top/white pants look as well as the opposite on the road! I used to really love the drum & feather look but to me it feels dated and I am fine moving to the UU look. Best UU helmets though were the hand painted throwbacks from 2019, grey with the UU from 1966.

1 5

Yergensen
            Ute Fan
            @yergensen

This ^^^

We aren’t recognizable to the college football fan.

I would rotate just between the home and road versions of this uniform. Because it appears we have been in decade plus long phaseout of drum and feather, I would move forward with interlocking U as our one distinct brand and get rid of the other brands and noise. Get rid of black as standard scheme color (don’t want to look like TTech) Don’t retire drum and feather entirely, but use it from time to time in throw back or special event.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Maybe it’s just me, but I would think if you want to be recognizable, you wouldn’t want to look like Houston or Ohio State.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Agree on the font. Looks great in those individual pictures but with my eyes I can’t tell the difference between 0, 3, 6, 8, 9 in live action. It was even worse in previous years when they would use the black font.

HPrete22
      Ute Fan
      @hprete22

If they made these uniforms black I would cry tears of joy.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

Yeah, that’s no for me bro. I would love to see less black in our color scheme. I love the classic red and white. That’s Utah.

HPrete22
      Ute Fan
      @hprete22

I love the red and white too, but a good black jersey at a night game is superior in my opinion

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

I am relieved our guys won’t have to go out there in just jocks and pads.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Uniforms for UCLA game