Utah pursuing QB Sam Leavitt from MSU

Viewing 10 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I don’t know much about him but news sources are reporting that Utah is interested in him.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Brother of Dallin Leavitt (USU, Raiders). Composite 4* out of HS. MSU backup so fits our situation.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I read up a bit on Sam. He was a highly recruited QB last year. He was ranked the 78th best recruit in the 2023 class.

His dad and brother played at BYU. Does BYU have the inside track for this kid? He could start at BYU next season. That’s not happening at Utah.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

If he is in the 2923 class, would he be eligible?

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

His brother Dallin transferred to USU and burned his BYU bridge to the ground, supports, beams and all. Dallin made his hatred for BYU known publicly and regularly. I don’t think BYU will even try.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

2022 4* kid from Oregon. Leaving because he doesn’t like Jonathan Smith. Byu-P would seem a logical spot because LDS, family connections and opportunity to play right away, but his brother’s Provo exit wasn’t the most amicable. So we’ll see. Have heard Utah connected to him and a Missouri portal QB

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

“Wasn’t the most amicable” is the most diplomatic way I have ever witnessed “burning the boats and the village” be put. haha

Dallin Leavitt is the most hated turncoat on Cougarboard years after the fact.

Zigziggler
        Ute Fan
        @zigziggler

We are probably needing someone like Athan Kalikmanis from Minnesota. Someone that has a bit of Gardner Minshew in him. Not expected to be long term starter but can spot start and be here for two years to bridge the gap from Rising to our young guys.

2 5

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

that’s crap! he is no better than what we had with BB, my guess is that Utah is targeting Josh Kelly ( WSU) elite receiver and Cameron wards favorite target in an attempt to lure Ward in. double score “BOOM”, if it happens.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

^^BB fan club president

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

He’s vp, I’m President.

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Isn’t that a song? “In the year 2923”.

Zigziggler
      Ute Fan
      @zigziggler

I read that as well. https://www.si.com/college/utah/football/utah-utes-pursuing-michigan-state-qb-transfer-sam-leavitt

However if I am Sam than I’m not coming to Utah! There is to much competition for a starting spot. I think realistically we will get a good quality spot starter backup that has come to terms with the fact that he won’t be a starter. That isn’t a sexy viewpoint, but quite possibly reality. If I am Sam I am looking for a legit chance to be a starter. He looks real good!

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

I think what makes utah attractive is he can come here and sit for a year (with a real shot at playing time even with Cam as QB1) and then compete for the reigns in 2025. He’s got 4 years eligibility left

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

And, we all thought Cam would be ready to go in fall camp 2023 and we saw how that turned out.

I want Cam back. I’m glad Cam is back. But if someone comes in and outplays Cam…I’m ok with that as well.

Zigziggler
          Ute Fan
          @zigziggler

I think the way we have been recruiting, our max starter lifespan is 2 years. That is what we should be recruiting around. If someone that is a stud has to wait longer than two years, than we are not the right fit. If they plan on being realistically a backup than years don’t matter. We have Wilson, Becker in the fold that are supposed to be studs. We also have one more year of Rising. All we need is a safety net for a year than develop Wilson and than recruit another stud to roll up and compete with Becker.

NorthernUte
      Ute Fan
      @northernute24

Welp… we didn’t get him

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

As we look for another QB, realize that every single place worth going to will have QB competition. If there is a walk right in situation it will be at the bottom of the barrel and right behind you will be another QB. I also think good QBs don’t mind competition. Exceptions would be incoming HCs that bring along their QB like is the case at MSU or QBs that are 1 year to play 1 don’t want to tuck in behind a multiyear starter that has had tremendous success. Recruit the best possible QB and let the chips fall where they may. Every teams objective is to have 3 or more serviceable QBs.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

He is going to ASU

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

They’re pursuing a portal qb because the fan boards got too heated and criticized them for not trying to get someone last year. But secretly, they want to be turned down and go with Rising, Rose, Wilson with a PWO to run the practice team 😉

1 2

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Surely this post is worthy of some type of ban @tony

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute
Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah pursuing QB Sam Leavitt from MSU