What excites me about the 2021 football team

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This board is dead.  So, I thought I would post something about Ute football.

How I rank our football team by position.  1 is the worst and 10 is the best.

QB – 8 – I think we have a solid starter and we have three 4-star backups.  I just haven’t seen Brewer play in this offense yet.

TE – 10 – We may have the best TE room in the nation.

WR – 7 – The four key receivers are great, but we do not have any depth.

OL – 7 – We have experience and OnlyU thinks we are going to be good.  I trust him.

DL – 7 – Great against the run, need to get some pressure on the QB.

LB – 9 – We have experience, young studs, and depth.

CB – 7 – Good group of young players.  I thought about a higher number, but they still have a lot to learn.

S  – 5 – This may be our biggest unknown right now.  We have a great position coach.  I just don’t know…

ST – 7 – Great return man.  Kicking should be okay.  Punting is a big question mark.

Just my two cents on a quiet May morning.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

RB – 8 – We start over however, I think we will put the pieces together and they will benefit by improvements in all the other offensive groups. This group will surprise.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Thanks.  I forgot RB for some reason.  I would rank them a 7 because none of these three have proved themselves yet.  However, Utah has a way of always developing good running backs.  I gotta think one of these guys will step up and be “The Guy.”

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

What about running back?   Loss of Ty is really sad, but picked up Pledger.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

RB and QB will be fun to watch play out. Oline is still a huge question mark. Defense as always will be solid. WRs should be fine with the TE options and hopefully Utes pick up 1-2 WRs for depth. The success of the team really comes down to the OL play and how they handle the upper level teams in the P12. Something the OL has yet to accomplish consistently. 

Football season can’t get here fast enough. The basketball drama has been a good distraction. BB program ran out of players leaving to the portal to keep up the entertainment :). Smith truly is getting a fresh start.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree that the key is the offensive line.  Norm Chow said that the running game or the passing game cannot be successful without a good offensive line.  If our line is as good as OnlyU predicts they will be – we could have our best offense in the KW era.  But, making any such prediction today is premature.  I need to see these guys play.  We should have a pretty good idea of how good our offense is after we play the boys from Provo.

Go Utes!!!

UtTroutHunter
      Ute Fan
      @uttrouthunter

Safety is my biggest concern at this point. Davis is the only proven player at the position. It looks Utah will be starting a freshman, and have a two-deep of other freshman. 

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I have heard Bishop is Ritchie 2.0 and he has had the advantage of a spring practice. Hopefully we can look forward to summer workouts with position groups without masks.

tanute3
          Ute Fan
          @tanute3

Thinking about having Ritchie/Bishop at safety for the next 4-5 years has me excited

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What excites me about the 2021 football team