What I want to see Saturday

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

1. Win

2. No injuries.  We need everyone healthy for the Oregon game.

3. Play well enough to keep our confidence and to get the backups in ASAP.

4. Iron out some of the kinks/timing in the passing game.

5. Better snapping and better kickoffs.

Go Utes!!!

6 1

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

This guy…

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Agree. Utes are going to need an effective pass game against Oregon. Oregon will crowd the line hoping to slow Utah’s run game. IMO, this year’s Utah offense is more balanced and overall better than the 2019 offense.

Oregon is a big game for Rising in the air and on the ground. He will be the difference maker for Utah to win. Taking care of UofA early would be ideal to minimize injuries.

Utes missed on another inside the 5 yard line Red Zone series against Stanford not a factor with the game already out of control. Cannot happen against UO. Looked like Utah’s one punt in the Stanford game was close to getting blocked. Utah’s defense has to contain UOs run game so UO depends on more plays from Anthony Brown, running and passing. Scalley will make the defense confusing for Anthony Brown.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Punting.   Hopefully there won’t be many on Saturday, but REALLY need to get that cleaned up.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I agree that this has been a problem this year and it will be an issue against Oregon.  I just hope that we don’t have to punt. 🙂

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I don’t think it is at all fair to say this offense is overall better than the 2019 offense. Sr. Huntley was quite a bit better than Rising is now, and Moss… Well, he was Moss, our best RB ever. I think the offense is maybe a bit more balanced, I’ll give you that. Better? No way man. It’s closer than it has any right to be, but 2019’s offense was better. That year we beat OSU and Cal a combined 85-7. IIRC both of those teams were getting buzz for having good defenses (though looking at the numbers OSU’s defense seemed to be rather hot and cold).

To be honest though, you may be correct. It really depends on how this season turns out. If we can produce enough points to beat Oregon, and we manage to block Kayvon this time around, I will agree that this offense is better… because of the offensive line, which was a MAJOR flaw of the 2019 squad, and the reason we got thumped on our last two games of the year.

stbone
          Ute Fan
          @stbone

I think the Utah 2021 offense is clearly better than the 2019 offense, but mostly because of significantly improved receiving threats and dominant OL play.

Comparing the 2019 receivers to now, the current receivers are significantly better. With Covey being out, the best receiver of 2019 was probably Jaylen Dixon, who is now buried in the depth chart. Vele appears to be the receiver we have been waiting for for years now, and Solo 2021 >> Solo 2019. Additionally, the TEs are much improved, both in receiving and blocking (2019 and 2020 TE blocking was frequently a liability, but now is a strength). Kuithe was great receiving in 2019, but he was the only TE threat. Since then, Kuithe has improved, as has Fotheringham, and Kincaid is a great new addition.

Lastly, the OL in 2019 was very suspect which made Moss’ season all the more amazing, whereas now the OL is physically manhandling people.

Generally, apart from Moss, the weapons this year are much, much better, and so I think the 2021 offense is much better than the 2019 offense.

Hellhound152
            Ute Fan
            @hellhound152

I think you have some recency bias.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I agree on most of your points. But the receivers and tight ends are better this year than they were in 2019. The RB position is deeper, even if Moss was better. Huntley did cover up some of the O line deficiencies and I think Rising is doing the same. The O line has performed much better with him under center. But like you said, let’s wait and see what happens with Oregon.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

I don’t disagree there. I’m not so sure the WR group is better, maybe a little bit. I’d consider it a wash. TE? Yeah, that is the one group that is clearly better this year. Better in every way with that group.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

6. Goal line offense, especially 3rd/4th and short. Needs major improvement. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yes!  I agree with that.  We have a horrible 4th down conversion rate this year.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

1. I want to see the starters take over the game by halftime and get some rest.

2. I want to see what Jackson can do. His athleticism seems electric. If he has even average accuracy and arm strength he could be VERY VERY VERY good. I think the RPO could be LETHAL with Bernard and Jackson. Those two together would provide soooo much versatility, it would be awesome to watch.

3. What I REALLY want to see is playing time for our young receivers. I want to see Money, Munir, O’Toole, Yassmin (TE). I want to see what we have in those guys.

4. What I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see is some of our japanese talent making plays on the field. We have TWO dudes from Japan on our team. One is a WR, and the other is a DE. I want some Japanese Rudy action going on baby. SHUHEI! SHUHEI! SHUHEI! SHUHEI!! Say it with me fallas! That dude is what you would get if you made Covey 50 lbs heavier and put him at DE. We could conceivably have dudes from 4 or 5 countries on the field at the same time for our team. Whitt wasn’t joking when he said we have the most diverse team in America.

5. I really really really really want #4 to happen. PLEASE!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What I want to see Saturday