Bernard?

Viewing 8 reply threads

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Anyone know what the rumors are about Bernard and his “future with the program”?

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I have not heard a thing. What are you hearing? I would hate to lose him now.

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

Just talked to my guy and he said it was a non-football related injury. They don’t know how long he’ll be out. I don’t know if it’s confirmed or not. He’s trying to find out.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

So we’re possibly going to be without Bernard, Jackson, Kuithe and Rising… awesome. Have we ever had a year with this many injuries at the beginning of the season?

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

This sucks. I’ve never seen a team so banged up at the beginning of the season.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Not across the board but 2016 Utah had to pull Joe Williams out of retirement when all the other RB’s got hurt

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

This team could be scary with a Joe Williams mind if guy.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

2007 – We lost Brian Johnson, Matt Asiata, and Brent Casteel in the first two weeks. Not sure if there were any other key injuries early that year, but those three were tough to lose.

J Rocksville
      Ute Fan
      @jrocksville

Seems like every year I hope we don’t lose rb’s to the portal for being buried on the depth of chart, but then we’re starting our 3rd and 4th string rb’s in week two ha ha.

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

Possibly down QB1, TE1, RB1, RB2 and who knows who’s going to be ready to on the defense. We were missing 4 of our top 5 defenders….after Reid went out.

Come on man!

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Wow. I have never seen anything like this in sixty years of following the Utes. We could be using our third-string QB and RB. On top of that we are missing our center and All-American tight end. This is not good. Whitt and Lud will have to be creative.

kmc165
      Ute Fan
      @kmc165

Who else besides Glover will be our running backs if Jackson is also out?

lgt4141
        Ute Fan
        @lgt4141

Sounds like an opportunity for the other running backs. Didn’t Tavion Thomas only start playing 2 or 3 games into the 2021 season?

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Thomas got the first start of the season and put the ball on the ground. After the WSU game was when he got the next start.

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

Chris Curry if he’s healthy. If not, then Dijon Stanley and John Randle probably. Both are true freshman, but apparently had good fall camps. Also, if our O-line does it’s job, I don’t think we should worry. It just sucks that so many of our guys are hurt. What the hall did we do to deserve such bad luck?

W16Ute
        Ute Fan
        @w16ute

Charlie Vincent saw the field a few games last year. We were really excited when we got here as a recruit, been buried in the depth chart but he looked decent last year in garbage time when he came in.

Ma’ake Kava
          Ute Fan
          @ma-ake

My hunch is it will be Vincent at the 2. Passpro is a must, and the rookies usually take some time picking that up.

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

I’ve always felt Glover just needs a few series to finally break out. I’m still intoxicated from his high school highlights. Now’s his big chance.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I concur that this is an opportunity for someone else to step up. If someone pulls a Joe Williams or Ty Jordan, Bernard might see a low number of snaps during the remainder of the season.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Should use people like Money Parks for end-arounds.

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

If the offense establishes an air game and we get enough push up front, Charlie Vincent is probably behind Glover – experience.

The big question is which of the freshmen got pulled into prep when JJ was deemed doubtful? Randle and Stanley both looked good in camp, but did either have the edge?

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Personally I would love to see Glover not go down the moment someone touches him. He has shown great moves and a lot of speed. Unfortunately I haven’t seen any signs of this. I hope Curry is ready to go because he has shown he has the ability to be a100+ yard back in the past. If not him then one of the young guys or maybe Vincent will have to shoulder the run offense.
      The passing game just might be essential if we are going to win.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

totally agree. Last season, Glover looked good but the second he was touched he toppled like a house of cards. He’s supposedly improved this year, so we’ll see this weekend I guess. I would also love to see Curry get a shot. He looked like potentially our best back last year until he got hurt.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Agree with you on Glover, hasn’t shown that he has it (burst, physicality). I like Curry’s dedication, he’s fought through a lot. I just think he’s a short yardage back. He did well against SUU last year as did everyone (6 Carries, 60 yards, 1 TD). However, his other performance against FL (5 Carries, 13 yards) is at the other end of the range for sure.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.