Bowl game projections

Viewing 10 reply threads

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Just saw some bowl game projections for the Utes and there were three very intriguing matchups:

Utah vs. Virginia in the Sun Bowl

Utah vs, Tator Zoobs in the Vegas Bowl

Utah vs. Utah State in the Cactus Bowl

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Hmm. Can’t stand the Tater Zoobs.

1 1

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

Gotta win this weekend, or we’ll be staying home this bowl season.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

I think we can beat the Buffs but they will be be a tough get.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Prefer the Aggies honestly.  Donko is the least appealing. Boise st wouldn’t be that bad I guess.  

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Of those options I like Utah State too. At least we could confirm supremacy in the state. Although I don’t really have anything against the Aggies, so I’d hate to see them lose as badly as they would to Utah.

From a national perspective, Virginia would be the better opponent. I’m sure Kyle would be unimpressed to be matched up against Donko again, however.

Boise St? Meh.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

TV would prefer the Roscoe Vs Whillingham matchup. Just makes it easy to garner interest I think. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I think we get to 6. But honestly Buffs will be fighting for a bowl game. This sat is critical.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Just as soon not face Boise State.  For decades now (going back to 1980 when they kicked our ass 28-7 back when they were in the Big Sky) they just don’t seem to be a good matchup for us.

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

I think Virgina would be interesting, wouldn’t everyone love to see Bronco’s bewildered scowl again? But El Paso isn’t the most appealing location for fans.

I respect Utah State, and wouldn’t mind playing them, although the day after Christmas isn’t too appealing to fans.

Boise State. Gross. But Vegas I think our fans after moaning about it for a week or two would show up.  Hopefully Kyle can finally fry some spuds.

But, when you’re 6-6, or maybe 7-5, you go to the dance to whoever says yes.

COFfrom83
        Ute Fan
        @coffrom83

does donko still scowl? I thought leaving tds would have cured his affliction.

I’d love playing our little brothers from Logan

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Boise isn’t even a state. 

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

Boise is a state of mind.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

How different is it from a New York State of Mind?

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

Slower and more starchy?

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

If we can get to a bowl game, I will take it. That’s priority number one. 

Outside of that, Virginia would be cool, even if it is Bronco. It would be a different conference and new look for us. 

Utah State would be fine. I like the Aggies but would prefer a non in-state school. Been there, done that. If only there were 5 quarters, blah, blah, blah. 

I used to hate the tater zoobs, but have backed off of them a bit. Still my last choice though. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Especially since we already played them in a bowl game several years back. 

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Where did you see the Cactus Bowl prediction? That’s a Big XII v. Pac-12 matchup? My prediction would be Utah v. Iowa State (Cactus) but Kansas State and Texas could fall into that bowl as well? 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

We would smoke the absolute s**t out of the aggies 

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I would love to play boise honestly. I believe that’s a game we would win and it would feel nice to get one over that lovely fanbase 

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bowl game projections