Gotta say it and I know it comes when I’m being irrational.

Viewing 5 reply threads

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

Barnes is brutal. Why not try something different when it was obvious he wasn’t able to do anything? While I’m on a tirade, Hubbert was horrible.

uteinzoobcounty
      Ute Fan
      @uteinzoobcounty

Thanks to Barnes for his backup service. But Johnson needs to start next year.

1 1

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Barnes should not be in the starting QB competition next year. Ludwig has already says he is, but he can’t be serious = coach speak.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

You can say he’s in the competition all you want. It’s when he wins it that you have to start looking around the portal.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

If we go to the portal and pick a 6 foot nothing farm boy with short brown hair who never talks I’m going into some ‘Nam style PTSD flashbacks.

Alexa, play Fortunate Son.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Johnson better be as advertised .. cause barns ain’t the answer

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I’ll never forgive the coaching staff for not putting in Johnson after the Barnes interception. He was never going to lead Utah back. I doubt Nate could have either, but given the choice between a limited, game-manager walk on and an elite athlete like Johnson, it’s a no brainer.

Just let Johnson run a read option every play.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Yes, coaches have to know what they have and whether under the circumstances a guy can win you a game. Barnes wasn’t going to win that game or even keep it close for RB and/or defense to win it. Was he really our best option? If yes, then coaches are accountable for not getting better talent behind Cam. If no, then the coaches are accountable for not playing the guy that gave us the best chance to win. Remember, we were down 7 with the ball and a fresh series of downs when Barnes was brought in. Game was hardly out of hand.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Johnson would have done no better. What was he going to do that would have won us the football game? Break off several long TD runs in a row?

The only way he would have helped us win that game is if he was subbed in for RJ Hubert. No amount of scoring was going to make up for his awful play tonight. Worst individual defensive performance in Ute football history.

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

I was expecting a next man up .. and it wasn’t barns . It was very obvious the first set of downs .. if Johnson ain’t next man up then the coaching staff needs to do a better job of making that happen .. that should have happened through out this year .. not see him only tells me we don’t have a quarterback yet

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

This. Not having Johnson ready to go in a game in January is on the coaches.

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

After seeing what happened to Damar Hamlin, shame on me for taking a game so seriously. My sincere prayers go out to Mr Hamlin, his family and all effected. Please Lord let this young man live.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

The only thing that I can remember seeing live like that was when Jack Tatum paralyzed Darryl Stingley in an exhibition game in 1978. I’ve seen similar things happen in soccer, most recently in the 2021 European Championship, when Christian Eriksen collapsed on the field but was eventually revived and has gone back to playing at an elite level. It’s certainly a scary proposition. No one should die or get maimed playing a game.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

As a freshman in high school, I was sitting in the stands with my girlfriend’s family and we watched her older brother make a tackle and then lay on the field motionless. He was put in the ambulance and died later that evening without ever regaining consciousness.

Football is a beautiful game but occasionally it provides some truly brutal consequences. My heart goes out to anyone and everyone who has to see that side of it.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

What an absolutely horrible experience that must have been.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Old mother hubbert was garbage

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Gotta say it and I know it comes when I’m being irrational.