Level of excitement?

Viewing 4 reply threads
      11 2

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I was very excited for our rematch with Florida. I was also excited to play Baylor. I was hoping we would see Cam Rising in the Weber game, so I was excited.

Now, with all the injuries and the many unknowns – my level of enthusiasm for the rest of the season has been somewhat diminished. We have 6 ranked teams coming up and with our current roster – I believe we will be hard pressed to win more than 2-3 of these games. I think I feel a lot like Jets fans do this week. The Jets have a great defense with not a lot of offense since they lost their all-pro QB.

Don’t get me wrong. I will always be excited to watch my Utah Utes play. I am excited to see some of these new guys get an opportunity. However, Whitt talked about how great this team was and what they could do. So, yes I am less excited than I would have been.

I will probably get a lot of thumbs-down and that is okay. I just can’t honestly say that I am as excited about this Saturday as I would have been under different circumstances.

A win with Cam Rising at the helm this Saturday could change things around. 🙂

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

That Ute defense, though, amirite?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Just imagine if Pepa, Tafuna and OToole are all playing Saturday. Ohhh boy!

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I can imagine it. In fact I’ve been imagining it for three weeks now.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

I am excited to see this team put a final L on the Bruins after they torpedoed the league.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

8-10 of the injured players would have played last week had it not been Weber St.

Add 2-3 more to that number this week and you’ll be close to the number.

Not downplaying our injuries for Florida and Baylor but I am with the Weber game. We’re a lot healthier than many here believe. Giving a guy with a strain or tweak 14 days of rest, especially as young as these guys are, works wonders.

Cam is practicing full again this week…not sure if he goes yet or not but MANY others who chose to sit last week will return.

I can’t wait for Saturday…we owe these guys one.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Thanks. OnlyU. This makes me feel much better.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

OnlyU, many thanks for the update. Hope Rising is able to play at least a portion of this season. With Kuithe, I’m just hoping he can lead a normal, athletic life, period. Would be a shame if he ended up like his brother.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

@Proudute how excited are you now?

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

Eagle, your post made me laugh. Thanks!

Redblood
          Ute Fan
          @redblood

You know more than all of us but Kyles countenance when talking about it this week didn’t seem as great as I imagine yours is while typing that!

Redblood
          Ute Fan
          @redblood

Duplicate post

15 1

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

We’re one of only, what, 20? 25? undefeated teams left in the nation, have one of the deepest and most talented rosters we’ve ever had, just beat two solid P5 programs out of conference to open the year, have one of the best coaches in the country, and are about to get back our All-Conference QB. Yeah I’m pretty excited.

EmersonUte
        Ute Fan
        @blpace

My excitement is based on just surviving and advancing each week. Our schedule is crazy difficult, lots of ranked road games, but defense travels. If we manage just to survive this week, we get a chance to survive next week. The odds are small, but we have a schedule that will leave absolutely no questions if we manage to come out on top of the PAC.

I mean, we already have a win over a now-ranked SEC team. You saw the Gators run rough-shod over Tennessee right? Holy cow. Swamp in effect for sure, but man they looked much better when not playing our front 7.

So….. I agree with OnlyU. We owe UCLA something after the egg we laid last year. That freshman QB is ridiculously talented, but he’s also about to face a defense unlike anything he’s ever seen. Jayden Daniels never looked worse than he did as a Freshman in Rice Eccles. Dante Moore’s about to get that treatment.

BoiseUTE
          Ute Fan
          @slarson150

Not sure if this link to the picture will work or not…just a noob. But I like this better than that Map of teams.

If this doesn’t work Tony you can delete it. Then I might need to learn how to do it. Okay I can’t make the link or jpeg work. It was a picture of the Undefeated Teams after Week 3.

alexsmith
            Ute Fan
            @alexsmith

Did you find the link online?

BoiseUTE
              Ute Fan
              @slarson150

Well it is on the InstaGram App and i did send the link to myself and then tried to add it.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

there are 39 undefeated teams left.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

UCLA is most important home game on the schedule for me (because the LA schools more than anything started the implosion of our once proud conference) so very excited for Saturday. But hoping we start getting some players back. Yes we have depth, but we’re going to inevitably get more players knocked around over the conference schedule and will keep getting thinner.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Level of excitement?