Looks like we will need a RB and DT coach

Viewing 4 reply threads

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Pouha is retiring, who looks good as a replacement? Is Ngata doing anything?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute
      2 6

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

What’re the odds on Gary Anderson 3.0?

In all seriousness, the DLine looked good in 2019 when he was helping Po’uha. If you could guarantee me that Anderson will just stay in his lane coaching the DLine, not leave again for Utah State or ever hold a title like “coach in waiting”, he would be a good pickup.

6 1

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Not only no, how about f**k no.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

GA has some baggage.  I don’t know what it all is.  If the issues are all addressed, KW feels good about it and as you say – he stays in his lane and lets Scalley do his job – I think it would be something to consider.  Most important to me is that Scalley is good with it.

I doubt that it happens and I am not sure it’s best.  I just don’t know.  I trust KW to do the right thing.

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

No thank you. Let’s get some fresh blood in the program. Gary is a cancer and needs to be left out. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Sorry to hear this.

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

Jason Kaufusi just left UCLA for UofA, but he would be top of my list to coach DE’s and move Powell to DT’s. Vic So’oto just landed at CU and he would be someone after not being retained at USC. Both are reportedly excellent recruiters. Former Ute Lei Talamaivao, was a grad assistant at Utah and then coached DL at Idaho St. He unexpectedly resigned, but has started his own training program and has worked with a lot of very talented kids from Utah, California and Hawaii. Worked with Ute signee Dallas Vakalahi as well as the Roberts kid from East who is Oregon bound and the Moa kid heading to BYU. Also worked this past summer with Star Lotuleilei.

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

I would LOVE to get someone that is a great recruiter, Whitt and Scally are already great developers we just need to get them here. It would be insane to even have on DT like Alabama or Georgia had.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Looks like we will need a RB and DT coach