New beast running back!

Viewing 9 reply threads

jobjohnsen8
      Ute Fan
      @jobjohnsen8

Had 1,100 yards and 16 touchdowns this past year at Idaho. Pretty sure he’s a freshman too. I’m not sure what this means but JJ might be gone.

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

… really .. Idaho vandals RB

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Beggars can’t be choosy…I’d rather have this guy, who’s already proven himself in college (leading rusher in the Big Sky this season), than some untested HS recruit…but that’s just me…

Anthony Woods nearly took it ALL THE WAY for Idaho

Utah#1
        Ute Fan
        @utebig12nattychamps

So are you saying this is the best Whitt and the coaching staff could do?!

Kellso
          Ute Fan
          @kellso

Why do people on here continue to question and criticize the moves our coaching staff makes? Haven’t they proven themselves to be outstanding at judging talent and developing players? I don’t get it, it’s their profession to know. They also spent so much time with the players. THEY KNOW!

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

Do they know about the ones who work out only? How about all of the kids who come in to great fanfare because the staff is always right and leave without accomplishing anything on the field? Did the all-knowing staff bring them in knowing that they were going to fail?

WasatchRanger
          Ute Fan
          @luke8675

Graded out as an 89 as a transfer per 247.

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

You guys reeeeally would do yourselves a favor by doing some research. Ran for over 2000 yards 2 years in Idaho. including 1155 this season with 16 TD. Arkansas and many others offered. Visited UW.
        Finished the season with a 80.1 PFF grade.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

When do we have enough pride in ourselves to think Utah is raising up hidden talent.

Utah is very good at seeing RB talent.
        Obvious comparison to John White who ran all over PAC12 talent if you remember.

enigami344
      Ute Fan
      @enigami344

Guys….we got Logan Kendall out from the same school….

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Not only that Ellis too !!!!!

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

This guy will end up being a 90+ 4 star rated transfer when it’s evaluated. Offers from Washington, Arkansas and Houston among others. This is one of the better options in the portal. Great get!!

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Elliss was rated the No. 1 recruit in the state of Idaho out of Moscow Senior HS but his entire collegiate career has been with Utah.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Now THIS is a RB that can do some great things! Love this commit!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Sometimes our coaches find players before the recruiting sites catch up with new talent. They don’t need to hit every ball out of the park, they just hit more than other do. Yards after contact can transfer up.

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

welcome to the Utes Mr. Woods. the next running back to make a name for himself at Utah.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I really like this. I’d rather get guys like this than high rated guys that rode the bench at a P5 school. We know he can play. If he ends up just being a depth guy for us, that means our other running backs are actually legit.

Edit: having watched a play or two of his, I’m a little concerned at his size (or lack thereof). I still think he’s a great pickup, but we NEED a short yardage back. If Vaki and JJ leave, we will be relying solely on Rising in short yardage situations.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Is Curry able to come back next year? If so, there’s your short yardage guy.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

I would not describe him as a beast. He is 5”11 185. Looks more like a scat back. Quick fast and allusive. Similar size to Randle. Looks like a good addition to the RB room. Hopefully he can catch the ball.

If JJ leaves we need another real beast. Big back in the 230 lb range. It was obvious we lacked RB size when JJ was out. Glover is too small.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

We need a variety of backs. Some are physical with the first level. Others make teams defend in space beyond the first level in the run game. A defense often confronts one better than the other. Strange as it seems, some defenses prefer you try the power run game on them. Clearly, Woods is a different kind of back, a different kind of tool. Can’t do a wood working project with only a big hammer. The room also needs a very good short yardage option as well if Jackson is not here. It is not important the order we put the room together in just get the pieces needed.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New beast running back!