Next few weeks will tell a lot more. P12 can spin it all they want

Viewing 7 reply threads
      12 4

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

with the rapid testing “breakthrough” with some testing company making a bunch of money out of it. Spoiler alert, rapid testing is not new. If the ACC, B12, SEC, and now the BIG working on a plan to possibly play this should be the down fall for the P12. Why the P12 schools are pretending this is no big deal is baffling? There has to be more to this with USC, Oregon, and the other CA schools virtually silent.

Only a matter a time before the transfer gates start opening and kids start committing to other schools. Not questioning the severity of Covid what so ever, just seems the P12 continues to poorly manage a crisis response and are soon to be the only major conference not playing football. Tell me I’m missing something here? Go Utes!

6 14

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I think it has more to do with the PAC12 being a collection of research universities. The PAC12 has a higher percentage of tier 1 research universities than any other conference. They’ve known how severe COVID is for a long time, because they’re all doing tons of research on it. The groundswell of research has influenced the PAC12 presidents to be extra cautious.

Face it: Most (not all, but most) of the conferences who pushed forward this fall are full of truck driving schools. They haven’t had a good understanding of the virus and they still don’t.

I’m not saying who was right and who was wrong. Just pointing out that not playing football was an educational decision, not an athletic one.

20 2

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

You misspelled political.

16 2

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

If you’re going to try to tell me that Duke University has a poor understanding of COVID or they’re just refusing to share what they know with everyone else so they can play football, I’m going to have to raise the bull s**t flag on that one. Let’s face it, every other university that’s playing knows just as much as Stanford and UCLA does. Trying to say this is anything other than political nonsense is pure naivete.

9 1

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

The BigTen also has 100% of their institutions at the Tier-1 level.  I’d even give the BigTen the edge as 93% of their schools are AAU.  The Pac-12 can only claim 75%.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Good call. I knew the BIG had a lot of very good schools but I didn’t know the numbers. Thanks for the info.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

Face it: Most (not all, but most) of the conferences who pushed forward this fall are full of truck driving schools. They haven’t had a good understanding of the virus and they still don’t.

Right, this sentence right here tells us where you stand. You can go ahead and say “I don’t know who’s right and who’s wrong”, but clearly your mind is made up. Also, that’s a major gross generalization that is wildly inaccurate. I mean the ACC has Duke, UVA, UNC, and GA Tech among other solid universities. The SEC has Vandy, Georgia, and Florida which are all excellent universities, and the Big 10 is on par with the Pac-12 for research universities.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

It doesn’t matter what the Pac12 does if the governments of CA, WA & OR won’t let their colleges play…

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

This. You can’t do anything unless USC is on board. P**sing USC off is a loser’s game…unless your future plans are to try to join the Big 12. But if you think PAC-12 membership is your long term go, you don’t do anything without USC.

UteROCK
          Ute Fan
          @uterock

USC isn’t going anywhere. It would hurt them too if they did. We should be playing but politics got involved

1 1

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

Spot On!  

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

Spot On!

7 1

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Pac 12 does not have any great insight on coronavirus. High schools and ute conference little league has found a way thru that. What the Pac 12 does have is a troublesome player boycott threat and several liberal universities and guvnors that do not want things to get better until after the election. These are the two issues that need to be resolved to get back to football. We need good news on these fronts.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I mostly agree with you Charlie. Personally, I think #weareunited is playing a big role here. I’m not too sure about the governors but you may be correct. However, in California they’re allowing MLB and the NFL to play so I don’t see why they wouldn’t allow college football. Maybe they’ll treat college kids differently than then professional players, I just don’t know.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

I believe the pros are being allowed to play because of the money and power the pro leagues hold. These teams and leagues are owned/run by billionaires that could almost single handedly get the governors of these states voted out of office. Universities are controlled by the state and even if they weren’t, they don’t have anywhere close to that kind of money and power.

1 1

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

I get it. But I don’t think Gavin can say some of you can play, but others cannot. At least not publicly.

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

And yet . . . the Niners, Chargers, and Rams are going to play while all of the universities in CA are not.

1 2

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

Yes, but Gavin hasn’t said the universities cannot play.

5 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Have to Agree. Scott is terrible. But, the league is being held hostage by CA and ORE. These two states do not want to play. And are in no rush. That’s half of our league. We can’t do anything until these states get there s*** together.

3 2

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Then they should give the Utah, Arizona, and Colorado schools the liberty to do an independent schedule if they want.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Next few weeks will tell a lot more. P12 can spin it all they want