Pac 12 Football

Viewing 7 reply threads
      5 2

S.CarolinaUte
      Ute Fan
      @s-carolinaute

Pac 12 announces mid to end of Nov to start football.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Where is this announced?

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’m not seeing this anywhere either. Not that I don’t believe you but your source of that information would be helpful😀

S.CarolinaUte
        Ute Fan
        @s-carolinaute

Sorry, ESPN and CBS collage football.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Don’t know about OP’s source, but I came across this link:

Report: Pac-12 Football Could Return in Mid-November in ‘Most Aggressive’ Plan

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Imagine how nice and toasty RES will be, IF there are fans in the stands at all. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

IF fans are allowed, and IF I make the cut, I will go. If I freeze to death in the process, so be it.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

After all the games I’ve sat in during downpours, soggy snow, blazing heat, etc, playing in January doesn’t really scare me.   

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

So again the question, the Cali and Oregon administrators can chose to not allow football in those two states, but would they also not allow Pac 12 schools in other states to go about some fashion of a season on their own? Why do they need to make a hurtful choice for other schools? That would be 5 league games or better yet some home and home match ups.

15 3

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

The election will be over by then so we should be good to go in CA & OR.  I’m an ass… I know.  😉

10 1

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Probably some truth in that.

15 2

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

Is there a plausible scientific reason why it is safer to play football in mid to late November versus now? 

It boggles the mind. It is as if the Pac12 is oblivious to the fact that football is being played around the country already. As if there is not already evidence that there is NO REASON TO DELAY. They have stuck their heads in the sand (or, actually, in their collective asses), and acted as if we (the public) are unaware that football is happening and players are not dropping dead on the sidelines. Imagine that. Who could have predicted that a virus that for many months has shown has nearly zero risk to young people would have zero impact on young college atheletes? Real strong leadership at the Pac12. Real strong. 

10 1

UteBacker
            Ute Fan
            @utebacker

Preach, brother! Rationality plays no part in any of this.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

First, I agree with you. Second, late November because they will have the almost instant testing available. Third, if the governor’s of certain states don’t allow it, it won’t happen, I guess they feel late November gives the politicians time to give the green light. Plus, fire season should be over by then, although we had the Thomas fire that went through December anfew years back.

8 1

Trailgoat
              Ute Fan
              @utahgoat

Sadly the election outcome will likely have an impact on a decision to play. California is a complete mess. The rapid testing announcement by Larry Scott is nothing more than political spin as is the announcment today the P12 MAYBE playing mid-November ahead of the BIG. Today’s announcement was nothing more than Larry Scott pretending the P12 is not the BIGs lap dog. Would love to see the Utes play as much as the rest of you. The way this has all been mis-managed and the P12 leaders, ADs, coaches, P12 network all acting like everything is going just fine. Sorry, I am not drinking their BS Kool-aid. Rant over…cheers! Go Utes!

1 6

UtMtBiker
              Ute Fan
              @utmtbiker

Those are all good reasons in addition to the time they have had to further research and understand potential long term heart issues linked to COVID19. Those long term issues could be agreat reason for a former player to sue the conference and schools.

Remember how the nfl knew about potential long term brain injuries but did nothing? That didn’t work out so well for them.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Because November is way more safer than August?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pac 12 Football