Play of the game?

Viewing 14 reply threads
      8 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Not most important, but your favorite. 

Mine is when USC jumps offsides, our C snaps it. Everyone stands around. Enis bolts for the end zone, Huntley hits him with a perfect teardrop pass. 

From busted play to TD. Shows how smart and prepared our guys are. Most teams let USC get lined back up or the QB runs around then throws it away, you take your 5 yards and try again. 

Not our guys. So smart and prepared. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

So many, love the Tupai hit. But I think my favorite was Coveys TD. Just so much fun.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree with you on the Covey TD pass.

The Hansen PI was also nice.

1 1

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

The Covey catch…he just stops and then goes the other way. It’s insane. 

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

Huntley avoiding a sack, scrambling to his right and hitting his 3rd option for a first down. I can’t remember the whole drive at the moment, but I think we ended up with a FG. This play was when I knew Utah was going to be fine and move the ball at will. 

Ute Fan
      @nkirkham

Mine was the final touchdown.  3rd & Goal, Huntly unloaded a rifle shot to Simpkins between two defenders.  It was an amazing throw, placed in the only spot it could go without being knocked down, and Simpkins with the great hands.  IMO, it was Huntley’s best throw of the night.  

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

The throw to Simpkins was right in front of where we sit and was just astonishing.  But have to go with the Covey TD which made it 14-7.  Swung the momentum back in our favor and we kept it for a long time enroute to 34 unanswered points.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

I felt like that was Huntley’s best throw of the season. It was a laser. 

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

There are so many to choose from. 

One that stands out is the Jaylon Johnson interception.  My wife is working with Webelos Scouts on measuring how high they can jump.  She wanted to rewind and rewatch the INT twice to see the jump and plans to show it to her boys.  (Most of them from families that support BYU)

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

The replays of that leap were incredible. He has some serious hops.

To be picky and with hindsight, because it was 4th down and he didn’t get any return yardage, he would have been better off just knocking the pass down. But it did not cost much field position, and he cannot be faulted for not knowing he wouldn’t get any return yardage.

stonguse
      Ute Fan
      @stonguse

Did anyone catch what the celebration penalty was for?

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I think it wasn’t celebration.  Enis made the catch, the Trojan defender turned towards him, and Boyd ran over and started jawing back at the defender.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

not super sexy, but how about Whitt/Taylor driving the field again (in less than 90 seconds) before half to get a field goal?  I like how they have done that the last few games.  And what’s interesting is that both drives started with a run play.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

This. I love the fact that we are being aggressive going into the half instead of kneeling and handing the ball back to our opponent. 

I’ll take 3 over a kneel anyday. 

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

I am impressed with that offsides snap and TD pass also. Much of the credit goes to the center for snapping it. Huntley then deserves credit for taking a risky throw (knowing there was no downside) – he obviously did not expect the snap and had to recover quickly to make the catch. And of course credit to Enis for also recognizging the situation and running his route. So many times I see teams get a free play and not take advantage of it – but those three players did EXACTLY what should be done on a free play like that.

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

Enis’ first college TD.  Because it was Huntley dropping dimes, and the previous play was the same pass to Dixon, which didn’t connect, but was right there.

Grayshirt
      Ute Fan
      @grayshirt

Against that same defender that thought he was all that and peac**king on the play before. HaHaHa!  Loved it!

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

The Chase Hansen interception. That dive, that hunger, that presence of mind. OMG! Let’s relive that moement: 

Link: Chase Hansen interception

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yes mine as well. That was the backbreaker for most of the usc offense. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The TD throw to Simpkins. Huntley threw a dart between two defenders and Simplins made a nice catch.

Hoo Ray Who?
      Ute Fan
      @mattybumbo

Had to be Solomon Enis. Tuttle was huge in recruiting him here, and I know that this week has been rough. Getting his first collegiate TD, on that stage, in that atmosphere…just stellar. Here’s to many many more spectacular grabs by #21. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I’m going with the Covey return that set up the first score. It was the first sign of life all night and got the real party started.

TheUteBlog
      Ute Fan
      @theuteblog

The simultaneous Hansen hit on the USC QB and interception.

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Play of the game?