Stupid Things People Say

Viewing 4 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I just heard the radio guys say that a BYU staffer said they were going to snag Tuttle. Ha. Idiots.

1 3

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m not even sure we will. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Quit playing games with my heart.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Before you tear us apart.

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

What do you know that I don’t.  Last I heard he was still recruiting guys to come to Utah with him.

2 2

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

I wouldn’t be surprised if he is having a change of heart after watching our offense this year. He’s a pure passer and his strength is play action and pushing the ball deep. He also has great accuracy on deep dig routes. He has great touch dropping the ball between the corner and safety on the sideline. At least that was the report from the Elite 11 experts.

Doesn’t sound like he would be super interested in throwing WR screens and drag routes all day and taking a ton of hits on the read option and RPO. I’m sure he has other schools telling him as much. Don’t go get beat up and risk your shot at the NFL in an offense that doesn’t look anything like a pro offense. Come play for us and we’ll keep you in the pocket and let you showcase your arm. Whitt will move you to safety. The last 3 QBs to play here were drafted, etc, etc…

With that said I hope he holds true. It will be really interesting to see if Huntley is in Williams position after next year. The incumbent starter beat out by a true sophomore.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I tend to be a skeptic.

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

A Utah fan who’s a skeptic? Well I never…

Sweetness
        Ute Fan
        @sweetness

I laughed this off, then I looked at his 247 page and someone just yesterday crystal balled him too Wisconsin…now I’m a complete mess.

Man, I really need to stop following recruiting. I miss the days I heard 90% of the class’ name for the first time on signing day.

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

Man, I really need to stop following recruiting. I miss the days I heard 90% of the class’ name for the first time on signing day

It is a little like watching the sausage being made.

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

I laughed this off, then I looked at his 247 page and someone just yesterday crystal balled him too Wisconsin…now I’m a complete mess.

From purely a QB perspective, I fail to see how Wisconsin would be much of an upgrade. It’s not like they’re airing it out all that often.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

I wonder what this board’s reaction would be if Tuttle does go elsewhere.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Disappointed but understanding. I get why the kid wouldn’t want to come here after seeing the offense this season, especially when he could pretty much go to any school he wanted.

I’m hoping that the December signing day might help us hold on to him.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I wouldn’t care. I remember people got p**sed when Bateman left to Bama. It isn’t that big of a deal really. If I was a qb though and a local product I wouldn’t go to any local schools. I would try for Wazzu over Utah to showcase my QB talents. 

Hell even USC you get more pub for being a Qb mostly they suck at developing QBs. 

Red Don
            Ute Fan
            @reddon

There were schools disappointed they lost out on Elite 11’s Heaps and Mangum too.  You never know.  We still have that redshirt kid from Texas too; unless he’s being groomed for a CB.   I forget his name.

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Harikari

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Gasoline suicide

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Cute

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

The same staffer that predicted a heisman for Magnum, or the one who predicted 11-1 for this season? 

newute50
      Ute Fan
      @newute50

I’m still very optimistic. I think Tuttle will do better in this offense under Troy Taylor than Huntley has been. I’m sure he’s using Jake Browning as an example and he likes what he sees.

Who knows, though. I just hope he sticks with it because it seems like he’s bought in big time.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Troy Taylor’s offense is tailor made for Tuttle. Huntley is just such a dynamic runner that he gets a lot more motion and rollout plays, etc.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Stupid Things People Say