Who would your team be if your options were all SEC and B1G teams?

Viewing 25 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Assuming the rest of the college football world falls off a cliff competitively (it’s already happening tbh). Which team would you cheer for if the rest of college football went away?

I’ve always been partial to Georgia to be honest. I feel like Whitt would be a perfect fit on their staff… I am also a bit of a UF fan for some reason. Always liked their uniforms.

I would never cheer for: Michigan, tOSU, Bama, or Auburn

If I had to pick a B1G team to cheer for it would be northwestern or Wisconsin probably.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

I’d just find myself cheering against the teams I hate instead of becoming a fan of another team. Greed will destroy CFB. Maybe one day after all the ratings have plumeted and e-sports are king we can get back to a regional conference alignment that makes sense and restores the real rivalries. 

Teams I hate to the depths of hell.

1. Penn State (they should have been given a decade long death penalty for enabling and facilitating child rape) 

2. (tie) Ohio State (fan base), Alabama (fan base/Saban)

4. Michigan

1 1

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

I’d probably go back to be an Ohio state fan. I grew up around there for a decade before moving here.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Northwestern has always been my Big 10 team.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Penn State & Tennessee

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I’d just stop watching CFB. I already don’t watch the SEC as it is.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

During the covid year I found myself cheering for Florida as the Utes weren’t playing. The reason being Brian Johnson was OC. If I had to choose now, maybe Iowa. I like their style of play although this year may be different. They’re always tough and not an easy out. I wouldn’t choose one of the big schools like OSU or Bama.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

Probably Wisconsin.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

What if the only conferences left were the NCAC and the NESCAC? Who would you support, then?

Wabash and Williams for me.

4 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Michigan without a doubt. Best away game/away fan experience I’ve ever had.

I could never be a Penn St. fan. In addition to the whole child rape thing, their fans were complete dicks at the NIT championship game. They were even trash talking my kid (who was 10 at the time) in the concessions line. Screw Penis St.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I guess Georgia because I like their style of football. Basically it is Utah on steroids. 

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

My thoughts exactly. Replace their current HC with Whitt and they are the same exact team.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

None. The FCS games would be more attractive, and the upper level SEC/Big 10 would just become minor league pro football.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Wife went to Iowa, so I’d be a Hawkeye fan. I generally like their style of football (outside of this year…)

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

What has changed about their style of football this year?

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

That is LITERALLY the ONLY thing that would turn me into a soccer fan!

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

I would have to go with Florida, always kind of liked them and it was a fun college city to visit now as well. To bad they had to put up with Urban for a few years.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

I have a buddy who went to Iowa and we always talk about how great it would be to get a series between Utah/Iowa. He’s actually become quite the Ute fan and thinks the Utes play a very similar style to Iowa which I agree.

If I had to choose an SEC team I would go with Auburn because of Bo Jackson.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Likely wouldn’t watch cfb at that point.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Weber State. 

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

None, I didn’t go to any of those schools. Anybody can go put on a Bama or Georgia or Ohio State uniform but it certainly doesn’t take an ounce of courage or pride to do that. I see enough “fans of convenience” where I live and most of them strike me as desperate in life for a win anywhere they can land it.

If I couldn’t have pride in and stand up for my Alma Mater I wouldn’t do the dang thing at all.

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

Probably Wisconsin… or possibly Oregon if they moved as part of the reason the rest fell apart

Gary Sapp
      Ute Fan
      @uofuman

For me, I would just skip CFB and spend more time on the NHL and our local team.  Hockey is always my first love and have really gotten with the Avalanche over the last few years.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Me: NHL – Buffalo, College – Quinnipiac, Major Junior – Portland

GunthersRevenge
      Ute Fan
      @eldonbkimball

Georgia
      Wisconsin – I’ve always thought they were a good program for Utah to emulate.

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

If moving to B12, or a P12 with San Diego and Fresno added, Utah my be comparable to to Penn State and Georgia, within these conferences. Every year and chance to win, with a chance to go to the future CFB playoff. Otherwise Arkansas and Minnesota, considering recruiting, instate fan support. Otherwise I root for Wisconsin.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

San Diego would have some growing pains, jumping from the PFL to the Pac-12.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

I am also a bit of a UF fan for some reason. Always liked their uniforms.

Me too. Although I am a bit hesitant to be a UF fan based on the many reports I have read about how some of our fans were treated poorly while at The Swamp. However, I don’t want to paint with a wide brush and make too many negative conclusions based on a small minority of their fanbase. So, with that, I will stick with Florida as being a team I would root for.

Calgradutedad
      Ute Fan
      @calgradutedad

If the football world becomes more of an oligarchy due to these conferences I still won’t be rooting for them. I may even start watching lesser conferences more. Georgia’s practically a pro team right now but their games are going to be boring blowouts until they face Alabama or are in the playoff. I’d rather watch a competitive game between anybody than a game with them in it.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Current or future?  Future SEC, Oklahoma.  I know there are plenty of haters.  People who hate success 😉   BigTen, the Badgers, or if I’m looking for an underdog, Purdue; always great to see them play the role of the spoiler.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

As I spent a lot of years attending Utah, I could never possibly have the same interest and passion for any other college team than I do for the Utes.  A Utah Man til I die.

Viewing 25 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who would your team be if your options were all SEC and B1G teams?