Jaxson Dart enters Transfer Portal

Viewing 6 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Interesting news. I guess this means Caleb Williams is going to USC?
      If Dart wants to come home, wouldn’t be a bad addition to the depth of the QB room?

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

I might have answered my 1st question. Looks like SC is feeling confident they are going to get Caleb Williams.
      Insider predicting Caleb Williams to SC

younglurch
      Ute Fan
      @younglurch

You’re quick on the draw! Was just about to post this. I think this all but confirms Caleb Williams to USC. Former OU receiver Mario Williams (who is allegedly tight with Caleb) was recently crystal balled to SC as well. 

I think Utah is still the PAC-12 favorite heading into next year, but USC is getting dangerous fast. A rising tide should lift all boats here in my opinion however, and the PAC is about to garner some serious respect in the coming years if this plays out the way most expect.

As a side note, you have to wonder where Jaxson Dart ends up? BYU fans have to be salivating at the though of him transferring there. 

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Yea I’m sure they are. The more I think about it, I doubt he’d consider anywhere like Utah unless he was going to be “the guy”. Otherwise why not stay at SC and compete for the job and at worst be #2 there. But if that’s not good enough, doubtful he’d want to be #2 or further down on the depth chart at another program.

younglurch
          Ute Fan
          @younglurch

Yeah, I’m doubtful Utah or BYU is the destination for Dart given the reality of Rising and Hall cemented as starters. People on the CFB reddit have been saying West Virginia and Ole Miss might be in play, but I’m not sure of the connection to either for Dart. 

krindor
            Ute Fan
            @krindor

Graham Harrell, his OC at USC went to West Virginia, so that makes sense.

Ole Miss has Lane Kiffin and huge offensive numbers and they’re losing their QB to the NFL (probably in the first round) and don’t have a clear guy to take over

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Could go somewhere like Liberty and avoid competition.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

No chance Dart comes to Utah. He’ll transfer to where he has a good chance at becoming QB1 and will probably get a sizable NIL deal as well. My guess is he goes to the SEC. Georgia or Ole Miss.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Yeah, Dart is leaving because he wants to start. Clearly SC is landing a bigger fish. He’s not gonna come to Utah when we have Cam already and Johnson/Jackson/Rose in the wings. Could see him go get some NIL money somewhere East. Or some BYU-P MLMer will throw him a bag.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

And most importanlty, Barnes!

perceptionate
        Ute Fan
        @perceptionate

Don’t you think it’s possible he might come here and just redshirt for one year? Assuming Rising leaves after next year, that would put Dart in a great position to be QB1 going forward.

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

That would be amazing, but I doubt he’d want to sit. He’s P5 starter material so he’s going to go where there is a QB1 vacancy.

Also, I think he’ll land an NIL deal above what the Utah community could offer him. Coming to Utah just isn’t in his best interest, unfortunately. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The rumor going around among BYU fans is that he has been talking to the Cougars for a while.  (Actually his dad.)  I have no clue if this is true or not.  But, I would hate to see another Ute legacy kid end up in Provo.

I know he isn’t coming to Utah.  So, I hope he ends up somewhere we won’t be playing against him like the Big12 or SEC.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Well, we play Florida in ’22 & ’23 and Baylor in ’23 & ’24 . . . 

LetItRide
          Ute Fan
          @letitride

2023 Schedule and where our players will be experience wise gonna be amazing to watch. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Good. Caleb Williams is sooooo overrated. Is he talented. Super. He isn’t a team guy and is very inconsistent throwing the ball. Maybe he’ll be good in a few years. But, he reminds of Jayden Daniels

younglurch
        Ute Fan
        @younglurch

I agree that it’s really soon to be coronating Williams as a championship-level QB, but if you’ve seen any of his games you understand why he’s garnered the hype. The guy was doing things on the field as a true freshman that many D1 QBs couldn’t ever do. He’s got potential to be great sooner rather than later. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

He’s young so his throwing is not championship level yet, but he certainly has the “it” factor to be a team leader and make things happen on the field.

123punt
      Ute Fan
      @123punt

Ooohh! That’s potentially exciting for us! I hear our coaches love QB competitions w/ experienced P5 starters..

OK OK.. I’ll see myself out..

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jaxson Dart enters Transfer Portal