Saw a tweet

Viewing 10 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Pick 4 former guys to play on the upcoming football team. Who are you picking?

its gotta be the two smiths (Alex and Steve), Weddle, and Jordan gross. Our two best ever skill players, our best overall player ever (weddle plays safety and corner and is a phenomenal leader), and our best OL ever.

for last year’s team I would have picked 4 offensive linemen (not a joke).

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Jordan Gross for sure! Especially with our young Oline. Do you take Alex Smith without the Urb, though? Sean Smith is enticing. Star Lotulelei would be good.

What about all O-lineman? Gross, Pautasi, Bolles, Kemoeatu? I think that’s what I would go with.

1 1

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Paris Warren

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Yes, I would still pick Alex. He has proven his talent at an NFL level. He also had solid mobility.

I said Weddle because he could play either CB or corner and we need both. No defensive linemen because that is always a strength.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Weddle was pretty special, remember when he shut down megatron in the bowl game? Unreal.

Ok, maybe Gross, Bolles, Kemoeatu and Weddle.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Yes. I believe he is the best Ute player ever. He is the reason we won anything at all those years. 

remember when he just stole the ball from that Wyoming receiver? Remember how he was our best defender and also our best option offensively? He was good enou to be all conference in at least 5 ways.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

He was also a solid option at punter/kicker IIRC.  If he were cloned he could have been all conference QB, RB, WR, LB, S, CB, K, P, KR/PR. A dozen or so Eric Weddles and we probably win every game.

5 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Based on the current state of next year’s secondary, I would take:
      Weddle – CB1
      Weddle clone – CB2
      Another Weddle clone – FS
      Another Weddle clone – SS

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Eric Weddle
      Alex Smith
      Jordan Gross
      Erroll Tucker

Honorary pick: Kristina Baskett

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

JJ would be good across from Weddle #3

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Jack Tuttle 😉

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Eric Weddle is one of the greatest men to ever play for us.  Easily my first choice.

Would also add Luther Ellis on defense and Jordan Gross and Alex Smith on offense.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

John Hays > Jack Tuttle

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

Weddle at Corner, ROJO, Gross, Chris Kemeoatu 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

With Ludwig and what he did with Huntley this year, I’d take Scott Mitchell #1, hands down. 

#2 – Weddle.

#3 – Gross.

#4 – Tough…do I take another OL or do I take a WR? I’ll go with Steve Smith. Look at my offense next year:

Gross at LT. Mitchell throwing to Steve Smith, Covey, Thompson, Enis, Nacua, Kuithe, Fotheringham. Mitchell would throw for 4,000 yards and 40 TD’s. Good luck. Then give me Weddle, Scalley, Shah and Whitt over the defense? 

Smith returning punts? 

Yes, please. 

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

I agree, Scott Mitchell way better talent than Alex Smith, IMO. Smith benefited from an offense that nobody knew hot to defend, yet. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

If I can have em for two years aiming for 2021 playoffs-

any combination of Gay, Whishnowsky, Eliss, Weddle, Carrington, Hansen, and Jaylon.

By 2021 OL, QB, RB, TE, & DE should be solid groups. LB, P, K, CB, S, DT, and WR will be the question marks.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.