We got away with a PI there at the end

Viewing 16 reply threads
      4 5

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

But the fumble caused by Barton shouldn’t have been overturned. So call it even I guess?

We need Rising and Kuithe back in the worst way. That offensive performance isn’t going to win us many games going forward. Defense has a lot to figure out as well. We were lucky to get out of there with a win.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

I think Baylor was gifted with a non called PI that was about the same as ours. They were also gifted with at least 2 very questionable holding calls.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Oh man, moko’s 1st had me apoplectic.

22 1

jsimmons327
      Ute Fan
      @jsimmons327

It wasn’t pass interference. Don’t let a former Baylor QB convince you otherwise.

4 8

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

I disagree. Battle clearly held the receiver’s left arm. I think it’s a flag 9/10 times.

Hahnenwk
          Ute Fan
          @hahnenwk

He was close enough to go for the ball it was 50/50

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

RG3 said if the refs didn’t call it, it wasn’t PI

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I don’t think so, particularly with the way the game was called all the way. They seemed to be a bit ticky-tack on OL holding but on DBs they were letting a lot a handsy play slide. The Utah DBs were going up for the ball.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

It was a 50/50 call…both players were going for the ball and I know the refs didn’t want to be the deciding factor of the game. Was there contact? Sure. Have I seen PIs called on plays like that? Sure. It’s up to the official in the area to determine if the contact crosses into PI territory. This time, he didn’t feel it warranted a flag.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

I’ve seen much worse non calls and calls of PI no doubt. But In my mind that gets called about 8 out of 10 times. Oh well. I guess they couldn’t get absolutely every important call in the game. I’m not exactly going to feel bad after that overturned fumble.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

I listened to the Baylor radio call of the play. They said “some contact but good no call.”

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @utebiquitous

I agree with the Baylor radio call. Contact from both players and nothing egregious. Good no call.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

As RG3 said, no PI was called, so there was no PI.

There were some bad calls on both sides IMO. The holding calls on us all happened on big plays and none of them were egregious IMO.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

It was a call that could’ve gone either way. Baylor got their fair share of calls and no-calls, and we didn’t, so I don’t really care tbh.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think it was a good no-call.

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

Yes, we were lucky to go on the road and beat a team when we basically were missing half our team, but I mean, yeah, as presently constituted we aren’t expecting to be world beaters. We are 2-0 against to P5 teams with half of our teams staffed with backups. We need to give some serious props to our coaching staff for delivering two wins with a MASH unit and huge ups to the players stepping in to make it happen. We have 2 weeks to get right, and I feel really good about this team going forward.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

A 50/50 jump ball is almost never going to get a PI call.

Battle’s most egregious screwup was letting the receiver get behind him for the long completion that even allowed Baylor a shot at the endzone

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

I think the difference is he didn’t try to catch the ball?

dleto
      Ute Fan
      @dleto

I also think it wasn’t PI. Battle had his head turned looking at the ball the entire time. Was their contact? Yes, absolutely, but he is allowed to make a play for the ball just as well as the receiver is.

Also, I was sitting right behind Battle’s parents. They were pretty relieved about the no-call after he let the previous one over his head (as I would have been). Super nice people from the Houston area, had a bunch of people out to watch him play. Said he really likes it at Utah (transferred from Ole Miss).

2 1

PNW Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pnwute

Virtually every nonpartisan observer who has commented on it thought it was PI. If it had been a Utah receiver and a Baylor defender we would be screaming for a flag.
      The contact where they both went for the ball was probably fine. Grabbing the receiver’s arm before the ball got there is not, though. If your defense is that the DB was playing the ball, you’re clearly just overlooking that part of the play.
      Most Baylor fans aren’t too upset about it, though. They don’t feel like they should have been in a position to win that game, anyway. I think the non-call makes up for the fact that seemingly every other close call went Baylor’s way.

1 2

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Yep, the PI was pinning the arm with the ball in the air. I agree that we would all be calling it PI if the roles were reversed. Too many people here are looking at it with their red goggles on.

Redblood
          Ute Fan
          @redblood

Why is Criddle posting about a Utah Baylor game?

RoboUte
            Ute Fan
            @hamplate

Because not only is the rent free, Utah is the landlord. I love that they’re obsessed from our shadow. It comes off as such a special flavor of pathetic when anyone in the BYU sphere betrays that the only thing that keeps them up at night, besides the aggressive gas of their cold, uninterested, pill-addled wives, is the fact that the rivalry that underpins their entire identity as sports fans is beyond hopelessly one sided and their every attempt to convince anyone in the country that Utah isn’t ten times the team is met with abject ridicule.

It’s absolutely delicious.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Well, there was a phantom field goal.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Absolutely…it looked exactly like that XP that the Dolphins missed at the end of their game with the Chargers.

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We got away with a PI there at the end